Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 01:03:45 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  Have 1972 Yankee Seahorse 24 - cannot find hull plate - PIC POSTED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have 1972 Yankee Seahorse 24 - cannot find hull plate - PIC POSTED  (Read 1019 times)
YankeeDoodle
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Yankee Seahorse 24

« on: June 01, 2016, 07:44:12 am »

I recently acquired a 1972 Yankee Seahorse 24 with a trailer and cannot locate the hull plate...  the title identifies the boat as hull # 30.  The other thing I am looking for is the shroud and stay tension numbers.  Does anyone have any info for that?  Thanks All!!!  If interested I will post some recent pics.  Got the mast up over the weekend.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 12:33:52 pm by YankeeDoodle » Logged
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 01:30:21 pm »

I recently acquired a 1972 Yankee Seahorse 24 with a trailer and cannot locate the hull plate...  the title identifies the boat as hull # 30.  The other thing I am looking for is the shroud and stay tension numbers.  Does anyone have any info for that?  Thanks All!!!  If interested I will post some recent pics.  Got the mast up over the weekend.
Is the mast stepped on deck?  Do you have a Loos guage to actually measure tension?

rb
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 01:42:03 pm by sonosail » Logged
YankeeDoodle
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Yankee Seahorse 24

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 08:45:12 am »

I have access to a Loos #2 which seems to be the correct gauge for the cable thickness...  I have also come to find out that I think it was 1974 ???? before all manufacturers were required to place hull plates or hull stamps into new boats ????  Thoughts anyone?
sunbird10201
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Sailboat, O'DAY DS II

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:42:57 pm »

The USCG Required 12-digit Hull ID Numbers were required starting on 01 November 1972. The HIN should be molded into the outside of the hull near the upper edge of the transom, towards the Starboard side, or on the Starboard side near the gunwale, and within 6" of the stern. Yankee may have used a metal plate for the HIN which may have fallen off before you bought the boat. They are supposed to be permanent, but who knows? Some builders were a bit off on locating the HIN marking, my O'DAY DS II has it dead-center on the transom, a friend had a CAL 21 with the number located about midway between the gunwale and bottom of  transom, and offset about 3-6" to starboard of the centerline.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length