Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2017, 11:51:18 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Recent Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: July 05, 2017, 09:35:31 pm 
Started by Zeehond - Last post by Zeehond
Yes, Huisman 37 came after High Tension 36! It seems like exactly the same design with a little bit extended and raked stern.

Regarding the Huisman 41, the same design (S&S design No. 2058) has been produced also somewhere in Australia and/or New Zealand.

One Huisman 37 and one Huisman 41 are listed for sale now in the Netherlands:

https://www.yachtfocus.com/gebruikte-boten-te-koop/details/jachtmakelaar-monnickendam/119754/huisman-37.html

https://www.yachtfocus.com/gebruikte-boten-te-koop/details/de-valk-zeeland/104756/huisman-41.html

on: July 05, 2017, 08:36:31 am 
Started by IOR - Last post by sonosail
Paul Elvström, 1928-2016, RIP, always fair winds and following seas...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-4012610/Dane-considered-greatest-Olympic-sailor-dies-88.html

Yes.  He was the greatest. 
Thank you.
rb
sailboatdata.com.

on: July 05, 2017, 08:35:31 am 
Started by Adelie - Last post by sonosail
http://www.sailboat-data.com/en/sailboat/168-jeanneau-tonic-23

Yes He's been around for a while.  Don't know what to do about it exactly.  He actually helped me one time.

rb

on: July 05, 2017, 08:24:30 am 
Started by gonefission - Last post by sonosail
It would be nice if Craig had credit for the boats he designed while at S&S.  I know this would be difficult to achieve. I am a design engineer in the power boat side of the marine industry with over 100 boats of my design tooled, 100,000 built and on the water, but there is no central 'DNA Tracker' on the power boat side. That is why I enjoy this site. Very few people know that there is a vaporous mental link between a Boston Whaler 13 Sport and a T48 Hinckley. The industry is really very small and a designer can work on a variety of projects over a career, sometimes even re-encountering the same people as teammates. www.OneDesignLtd.com

Added Craig Walter to Prestige 36.

on: July 05, 2017, 08:13:43 am 
Started by dansailv - Last post by sonosail
the ridas factory produces the following other models as well: Ridas 46 (Deck Salon/ racer), Ridas 33, Ridas 31 and ridas 26. All of these and the 35 can be found on: ridasyacht.com

Ridas 35:
The first one built was in 1996.
The sail area is 70 square metres.
The ballast is, as I said 2.1 tonnes

Would you like to add/correct these values on the ridas 35 page?

Thank you

Thank you.  Will get to other models asap

rb
sailboatdata.com

on: July 05, 2017, 08:08:10 am 
Started by chris95040 - Last post by sonosail
Beam is still wrong - it's not 12.5'.  Its 10.75.

Correction Made.   Thank you.

on: July 05, 2017, 08:03:12 am 
Started by Judy Blumhorst - Last post by sonosail
Hi Randy, 

The correct area for a Sunfish lateen sail is 82 sf, 
The dimensions are Luff 13.33' , foot: 13.33', leech 14.33' 
Upper and lower spars are 13.73' per the class rules.  A quick visual check of a photo of a sunfish sail will confirm that the leech is longer than the luff and foot and that the area of the sail has a leech longer than 13.33'

The area of the Sunfish lateen sail has long been incorrectly reported to be 75sf in many sources.  That's the area of a 2D isosceles triangle whose 3 sides are 13.33'.   However, the three sides of the sail do not form an isosceles

The class is tightly controlled by Laser Performance, the manufacturer.  Class legal sails must be bought through authorized distributors.  The class doesn't publish the dimensions for the sail.   Non-class legal sails from other manufacturers are available, along with do-it-yourself kits from Sailrite.

Regards,
Judy Blumhorst
Sailmaker
www.Hydesailsdirect.com

Very good Judy.

Thank you.

rb

on: July 05, 2017, 08:01:49 am 
Started by SPB - Last post by sonosail
Very Good.

Thank you.

rb

on: July 05, 2017, 08:01:07 am 
Started by Zeehond - Last post by sonosail
Hello Randy,

Here's another less than 20 meters boat, built by Huisman. This is a Jac. de Ridder design and is actually almost the same boat as High Tension 36. Unfortunately I don’t have any drawings of the boat, but the interior layout is the same as High Tension 36 (which you have already listed here) and the only difference in the sailplan is the little bit bigger foretriangle. Here are the Dimensions:

Hull Type: Fin w/spade rudder
Rig Type: Masthead Sloop
LOA: 11.22m
LWL: /not sure/
Beam: 3.6m
Draft: 2m
Displacement: 7600kgs
Ballast: /not sure/

Designer: Jacques de Ridder
Builder: Huisman
Construct.: Aluminium
First Built: /not sure – app. 1978/
Last Built: /not sure - app. 1981/
# Built: /not sure, but I think 7 or 8/

Engine:
Make: Volvo Penta
Model: MD 11C
Type: Diesel
HP: 23

Rig Dimensions:
I: 14.9m
J: 4.75m
P: 13.35m
E: 3.5m

I found also 2 pictures of such boats under sail.

Regards!

Emil Raykov

Thanks.
Did it ome after the High Tension 36?

rb
sailboatdata.com

on: July 05, 2017, 07:59:05 am 
Started by Tom Hubbell - Last post by sonosail
Wow, glad to hear that SNOW WHITE has found a new home. I remember her when she sailed out of Wareham, MA for several years and had many friendly chats with her owner at the time. Always a beautiful boat, and sailed well. On a related note, I remember there used to be a Yankee One-Design moored at Wing's Cove in Marion, quite distinctive (in a "bad" way?) for her bright blue color scheme. Hull, and deck trim were all bright blue, deck was white, with red trim. Boot top was also red. Well ,I guess she was a "patriotic" YANKEE? Anyway, I attached a couple of pics (I may have more) of #14 while she was Snow White.

I would agree that the Yankee On-Design is a "Fin-Keel" design (like the Shields and the Atlantic). the defining detail between this traditional style "fin-keel" and the modern fin-keel is the newer ones would be classified as "Fin-keel, spade rudder" or "Fin-Keel, separate rudder". I guess the Yankee, Shields , and Atlantic could be classified as "Fin-Keel, attached rudder"? But, I think simply "Fin-Keel" is correct in most cases.

That's way I look at it.  Specifying attached rudder is probably better. 
rb

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Login with username, password and session length