Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 08, 2016, 01:01:02 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Stan Huntingford's Explorer 45 sail boats
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stan Huntingford's Explorer 45 sail boats  (Read 4032 times)
Explorer 45 Gig
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Cutter rig sail boat

« on: September 01, 2008, 03:28:31 pm »

I just joined this site..I would like to see Stan Huntingford's Explorer 45 cutter rigged sail boat added to his list of designs. C&L Marine built 22 of them sometime between 1977 and 1980?? I own hull #11 built in 1978. These are fabulous fast cruising boats and when I had Stan as a guest on board mine, he told me this and his Passport 42 were his all-time favorite designs.

One of these boats was "lost" near New Zealand in a "weatherbomb" storm. It had 5 people onboard..all were saved. The boat apparently rolled five times losing its mast after the third roll. A forward hatch popped and it filled with water..but didn't sink. Later I have been told the NZ Navy sank it after saving the crew.

These are beautiful, fast, strong cruisers built with first class materials.

Hope his list gets updated by this post.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 04:27:47 pm »

Thank your for joining the site and I would be more than happy to add this yacht to the database. If you have verifiable specifications etc., it will be there instantly.  In an ideal word, I would also have a great scan of a sales brochure.

Regards,
Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 03:16:05 pm »

Expolorer 45 has been added/updated.   Just wish I had a better drawing and or decent photo. (Sailing photo, since I try to shy away from those 'brokerage type' ones with it just sitting at a dock)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length