Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2016, 08:29:00 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  SPINDRIFT 13
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SPINDRIFT 13  (Read 3731 times)
ospenser
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: spindrift 13 sans mast

« on: May 24, 2011, 10:03:08 am »

Anyone have specs/detailed plans/photos for above? i've been given one without a mast - all other rigging fairly intact - I'll probably end up building a mast out of clear doug fir available at a local wood supplier but i need to see how the main halyard, mast step, shroud/stay attachment are handled - and assess if a used mast from another boat would suffice.

any help appreciated.

Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jout Caprice, Vaurien

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:44:38 am »

Hello,

Oh you could most definitely use a mast of most of the popular dinghys for this. If you don't mind adding some bits, you could fit her with a 420 mast probably without much problem. With a solid wood mast like you mentioned you'll run into numerous problems for your needs, and it will probably be cheaper to find a used mast anyway. Most sailing clubs I know have a pile of unused dinghy masts laying about, so you may be able to pick one up from a local club for near to nothing.

I'd rather be sailing
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:03:34 am »

Seems like so many boats around that have become separated from their masts.  Cormorant is right.  Try to find another that's similar. But even this can be a challange for a lot of people.  If you like this particular boat, this one sold a while back for around $400, with everything intact. Mast, boom, sails, and even a trailer.... ready to go. 
ospenser
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 07:14:01 am »

HEY!!! where'd you get that picture??   

and  where did you see it for sale complete at around $400?

thanks

Mike
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 10:41:42 am »

HEY!!! where'd you get that picture??   

and  where did you see it for sale complete at around $400?

thanks

Mike
I believe is was on SailingTexas.com.  As I said though, it's a very old ad. But it did sell for around that price.  This was a somewhat popular model.  If you keep your eyes pealed, you might find another one.

rb
ospenser
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 11:48:58 am »

ok thanks - yes i've seen a number of google hits to that site.

regards,

Mike
PAR
Regular

Yacht Designer & Builder

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 09:21:19 pm »

I'd recommend a white pine birdsmouth mast, rather the Douglas fir. Weight is a real consideration in small craft and Douglas fir is a fairly heavy spar choice for small sailors.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length