Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2016, 07:59:46 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  Dawson 26 or similar Wanted / Available for simi professional skipper position
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dawson 26 or similar Wanted / Available for simi professional skipper position  (Read 2270 times)
falcolnxp
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: alden ocean shell

« on: June 16, 2011, 10:00:47 am »

Dawson26 - Many years ago I owned a Dawson 26 and went dow the inland waterway in
florida
I would like to locate and seee if it appears the same now that i am older.
I would like one with the original atomic 4 engine  if possible.
if you know of a similar center cockpit 25 yo 30 ft sailboat with an inboard weighing under 7000 lbs which is trailerable i would appreciate the information.
the mast should be tabernacle mounted so it can be steped by myself and two inexperienced helpers.
I of coure would like one in pristine condition but would consider a project boat.
I am a USCG ocean operator and have a Panama Canal Pilots license plus 20 years of crusing and teaching sailing at the college leavel (USC)
Most of my experience has been on yacht under 72 ft with one atlantic crossing in the cat Canvasback. Built a 42 ft. warrahm Cat. 
Five years as sailing master on a 42 ft.fahrs ultralight racer in Japan. 7 years sailing instructor in California and Mexico.
Would consider position on Power or Sailing Craft long term or short term. Masters degree in business adminestration and college, high school teaching crendials.
Consider  deliveries or just layed back crussing.
Former LA County Lifeguard, Swim daily in my endless pool, Scuba certifed. enjoy body building and healthy lifestyle.
 Athletic, Private Pilot,Christian 70 y/0.
Capt. Bob
435 678 3436
falcolnxp1@yahoo.com
718n 300w
Blanding, utag
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 01:47:11 pm »

I know.  This is a yacht that has a special appeal to a lot of people. (In all it's many interations: Bombay, Nauset, Midship etc.) I wonder where the molds for this boat ended up? Maybe there were more than one set.
At any rate, if I happen to see one, I'll let you know.

Regards,
Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com 
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 04:24:14 pm »

Dawson26 - Many years ago I owned a Dawson 26 and went dow the inland waterway in
florida
I would like to locate and seee if it appears the same now that i am older.
I would like one with the original atomic 4 engine  if possible.
if you know of a similar center cockpit 25 yo 30 ft sailboat with an inboard weighing under 7000 lbs which is trailerable i would appreciate the information.
the mast should be tabernacle mounted so it can be steped by myself and two inexperienced helpers.
I of coure would like one in pristine condition but would consider a project boat.
I am a USCG ocean operator and have a Panama Canal Pilots license plus 20 years of crusing and teaching sailing at the college leavel (USC)
Most of my experience has been on yacht under 72 ft with one atlantic crossing in the cat Canvasback. Built a 42 ft. warrahm Cat. 
Five years as sailing master on a 42 ft.fahrs ultralight racer in Japan. 7 years sailing instructor in California and Mexico.
Would consider position on Power or Sailing Craft long term or short term. Masters degree in business adminestration and college, high school teaching crendials.
Consider  deliveries or just layed back crussing.
Former LA County Lifeguard, Swim daily in my endless pool, Scuba certifed. enjoy body building and healthy lifestyle.
 Athletic, Private Pilot,Christian 70 y/0.
Capt. Bob
435 678 3436
falcolnxp1@yahoo.com
718n 300w
Blanding, utag

Here's one on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979-Dawson-26-Used-Sailboat-Sale-FL-/360375318986?pt=Sailboats&hash=item53e80af9ca
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length