Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2016, 06:33:02 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  1986 Lancer 45
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1986 Lancer 45  (Read 2430 times)
Neil
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Lancer 45 motorsailor

« on: June 19, 2011, 08:14:25 am »

Hullo all,
I am looking at buying a Lancer 45 built in 1986.
This is a bit different to the "normal" 45 in that it has an aft stateroom as well as a forward one. Has anyone any info on this model of boat as there appears to be little around?.
Thanks,
Neil.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 08:46:34 am »

Hullo all,
I am looking at buying a Lancer 45 built in 1986.
This is a bit different to the "normal" 45 in that it has an aft stateroom as well as a forward one. Has anyone any info on this model of boat as there appears to be little around?.
Thanks,
Neil.

Does it look like this one: I thought the 44 was the Pilot House version and the 45, the center cockpit one. But maybe there were others.
Neil
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:19:28 am »

Hi Sonosail....Thanks for the reply...maybe you are right in that the 44 is the pilothouse version, but the boat was advertised as a 45.
No...it doesn't look like the picture...it has a very big pilothouse, with sliding doors both sides for access. Because of the aft stateroom the after deck is elevated, and big. Unlike other versions, this one has a main boom, with roller furling main and genoa.
I understand that this boat would have been built after Bally bought the company, but as the moulds etc were sold to a company down south somewhere at the same time, perhaps it was built there.
Any further info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Neil.
Neil
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 02:26:33 am »

...have just read that the company that bought the name and tooling was Newport Offshore Yachts...they must have built this one as the company was sold in 1983. Anyone out there got any further info??...
Thanks,
Neil.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length