Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2016, 08:37:11 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  JOUËT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: JOUËT  (Read 3464 times)
Martin JOUËT
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: DAY BOAT

« on: November 02, 2011, 02:47:21 am »

I have seen in your website that JOUËT, French craft had been launch by Jean Pierre JOUËT, I would like to tell you that it is Paul JOUËT who, in 1920, create  "Les Chantiers Navals de Sartrouville",Some more informations ...
http://fr.topic-topos.com/etablissements-jouet-sartrouville, and
En 1920, à Paul Jouët pour créer le «chantier naval de Sartrouville » qui devient l’un des plus importants des années 30. Il occupe alors une superficie de 22 000 m2 et emploie plus d’une centaine de personnes. En1927,le chantier adopte l’appellation « Jouët et Cie ».
 Le point d’orgue de cette entreprise est la construction en 1931 du cotre norvégien, de « l’Alain Gerbault » mesurant plus de 10 mètres de long.
En 1933, le « Sadi », bolide pouvant aller jusqu’à 110 km/ h, est lancé... Vous pouvez imaginer l’impression que les essais ont du faire sur la Seine !
Des bateaux tous plus prestigieux les uns que les autres vont sortir des chantiers Jouët jusqu’à la vente en 1965 aux Chantiers DUBIGEON NORMANDIE.
If you need it I will translate it ...
RGDS
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jouët Caprice, Vaurien

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 07:06:52 am »

Hello et bienvenu au forum !  I mentioned this at http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?topic=534.msg1052#msg1052 could you mention where it is listed otherwise please ?

I'd rather be sailing
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 01:24:32 pm »

Ryan and Martin-

Thank you both. Extremely helpful.
I have the basic idea. But a translation would be helpful should someone have a chance. (Sorry that my French is so poor) And I will edit my little historical blurb in order to get the basic facts right.
(I'm so dense, I can't even figure out how to create the E accent trema (Ë), or whatever you call it, on a standard windows keyboard.)
The link is not working for me either.

Martin. Could it be that you are relative of the orginal founders of the company?

Regards,
Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT USA
sailboatdata.com

Cormorant
Member Emeritus

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 01:26:12 pm »

(I'm so dense, I can't even figure out how to create the E accent trema (Ë), or whatever you call it, on a standard windows keyboard.)

Martin. Could it be that you are relative of the orginal founders of the company?

We cheat, our keyboards in France have a special key for that character  ;)

Speaking of namesake, I thought Paul was still alive and doing well, though in his late 90`s (?)

I'd rather be sailing
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 01:30:31 pm »

Martin votre page est introuvable :

La page demandée est introuvable
La page que vous tentez d'atteindre n'existe pas à cette adresse.

Il est possible que vous ayez mal saisi l'adresse ou que nous ayons supprimé, renommé ou déplacé cette page.

Nous vous invitons à utiliser notre moteur de recherche pour essayer de retrouver votre page.

Pour nous signaler une erreur, vous pouvez nous contacter à l'adresse webmaster@topic-topos.com.

??

I'd rather be sailing
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 02:30:49 pm »

We cheat, our keyboards in France have a special key for that character  ;)

Speaking of namesake, I thought Paul was still alive and doing well, though in his late 90`s (?)
Well, we can only hope that Martin get's back to us and fills us in.

Did finally figure out how to switch to the French keyboard. I'm going to send you a PM about somethiing completely unrelated to this.

rb

rb
Martin JOUËT
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: DAY BOAT

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 01:41:56 pm »

Sorry, long time to answer ... but yes, I am a relative of Paul JOUËT, it's my grand Father.
He had two son, Étienne and Jean-Pierre and four daughter ... Monique, Françoise, geneviève and jacqueline.
The only one still alive is my father, jean pierre ... the one who, in 1951 become the manager of the "Chantier Paul JOUËT & Cie".
He manage it until the end of the 60's, 1968 to be precise, when he sold it to DUBIGEON NORMANDIE ... who unfortunately turn to bankrupt few years later ...
If you need more information, you can email me - mj@d-o-t.fr ... I will answer to all the questions concerning the story of the "Chantier Paul JOUËT & Cie"

Many thanks to be interested by this history ...

a link to be visited  and where you can see a safe boat built in 1948 at the Chantier when my Grand father was still the manager ... Jean Pierre JOUËT can be seen on some picture ...
http://www.aimeehilda.com
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 02:15:43 pm »

Thank you Martin.
Great to hear from you again. (If there was such a thing as a 'virtual genuflect' , it would be displayed here..)
I have been going through the site that you pointed to and have found it to be of great interest  I will take you up on your offer! In the mean time;
Allow me to share a memory I have from many year back.
Believe it or not, the GOLIF did make it to the US in small numbers. When you looked at it next to the SAILSTAR CORINTHIAN, for example (not a bad boat which sold well at the same time) it was such an obvious contrast!
The Corinthian was designed to look like an earlier traditional wood boat.
The GOLIF was truly modern and designed to make the best use of the new materials and appeal to a newer sailing public.. It didn't appeal to the more traditional minded Americans so much  though a surprising number were sold. You still see them occasionally, abandoned in the corner of some boat yard, or, occasionally out sailing.   
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length