Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2016, 03:05:02 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  MD2B or MD2A
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MD2B or MD2A  (Read 2103 times)
Tomsy300
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Westerly Centaur

« on: November 03, 2011, 11:56:14 am »

Hi. Just purchased a westerly centaur.  when i viewed it for the first time, i was told it was fitted with a Volvo penta md2b 25hp, Iíve since been told it is an md2A 16hp, which brings me on to my first question : How can you tell. iím new to volvoís , my last boat (westerly nomad) was fitted with a Renault.    Question 2:  It has twin morse levers which iím not getting on with at all. I want to fit a single morse control to her,  but again, was  told because the cable for the gear box is so thick a single lever might not be man enough for the job. Could do with any advice you can give me.           Regard Stuart
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 04:40:02 pm »

Hi. Just purchased a westerly centaur.  when i viewed it for the first time, i was told it was fitted with a Volvo penta md2b 25hp, Iíve since been told it is an md2A 16hp, which brings me on to my first question : How can you tell. iím new to volvoís , my last boat (westerly nomad) was fitted with a Renault.    Question 2:  It has twin morse levers which iím not getting on with at all. I want to fit a single morse control to her,  but again, was  told because the cable for the gear box is so thick a single lever might not be man enough for the job. Could do with any advice you can give me.           Regard Stuart
The Centaur is one of the most popular boat ever built of this size. You should have no trouble comparing notes with other owners somewhere.  Try this site: www.westerly-owners.co.uk

I know there is a Westerly group on Yahoo.

Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length