Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2016, 06:48:44 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Sailboats of France (old & new)
| | |-+  Pen Duick 600
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pen Duick 600  (Read 3637 times)
sonosail
Administrator

« on: November 16, 2011, 12:39:19 pm »

Here's a pretty unique boat. Of aluminum. More than 200 were built. Unknown to what degree Eric Tabarly was involved.
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jout Caprice, Vaurien

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 02:58:57 pm »

This boat has the local reputation of sailing as well as a snow shovel  ;D We've got one at the club that was abandoned by its owner and left to die a slow death as nobody wants to touch her. It was designed to be as cheap as possible, and so saving money on soldering they also used really thick metal and so she is very heavy. She is also famous for her uncomfortable, tippy, and wet ride as water sloshes around all over everyone and fills up the cockpit  ::)

No relation at all to Tabarly.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:02:37 pm by Cormorant » Logged

I'd rather be sailing
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 05:20:33 pm »

This boat has the local reputation of sailing as well as a snow shovel  ;D We've got one at the club that was abandoned by its owner and left to die a slow death as nobody wants to touch her. It was designed to be as cheap as possible, and so saving money on soldering they also used really thick metal and so she is very heavy. She is also famous for her uncomfortable, tippy, and wet ride as water sloshes around all over everyone and fills up the cockpit  ::)

No relation at all to Tabarly.

Thanks, my friend. You gave me a laugh.
I did read another, less than favorable opinion of this yacht. (not QUITE as harsh!).  Whatever Tablerly had to do with this particular boat, he will always be 'The Oak', in my book.

rb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length