Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2016, 02:36:20 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Sailboats of France (old & new)
| | |-+  Figaro 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Figaro 2  (Read 2902 times)
sonosail
Administrator

« on: November 16, 2011, 05:43:32 pm »

If I had a choice of ANY boat in the 30-35' range, it would be the Lombard designed, Figaro 2.
Just one of the coolest boats I've ever seen. (Even though I've never actually SEEN one, other than in photos, much less, sailed on one.)   It just LOOKS like MY kind of boat! Designed for short handed sailing, with a regular symetrical spinnaker. From the videos I've seen, it looks they sail well in light conditions, even with the double rudders. (which I like anway)
I keep hoping that a new boat will be adopted for the Figaro events, which will mean that all the existing Figaro 2's will be for sale and FOR CHEAP.  But, of course, this will never happen. (or at least cheap enough for me to afford)
And, of course, the fact that I'm in the US, makes the possibility even more remote. Oh well.
RB
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:45:14 am by sonosail » Logged
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jout Caprice, Vaurien

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 01:09:11 pm »

Oh, there are so many boats here people are giving them away literally. Our club was just given two First 21, and I just met someone that purchased a Jout Caprice for one Euro. I myself was once offered my choice of 2 other boats, including a Love Love.

There are really so many sailboats here in France, and the problem is the cost of destroying them (3k - 5k). So with the saturated market, you can pretty much get what you want (unless you're into those big luxury things). For the Figaro 2 yeah, looks like used you're at 60k - 90k, though for fun I found one that needs some work for 24k. 

Oh toys toys...  ;)

I'd rather be sailing
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jout Caprice, Vaurien

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 01:35:06 pm »

Which reminds me

There is a site called L'argus du Bateau which shows pretty much all the series boats in France, their photo (if you click on the photo you get some specs) and their estimated 'correct' used price:

http://www.argusdubateau.fr/tous-les-modeles.html?lettre=a

You'll probably get a kick out of it. Goes with a magazine you find in all the kiosks too.

I'd rather be sailing
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length