Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2016, 06:27:44 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  Montego 25
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Montego 25  (Read 2820 times)
gflack
Pick-up Crew

« on: November 28, 2011, 10:13:34 am »

Looking at this boat. Does anyone have any feedbvack?
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:55:33 pm »

Looking at this boat. Does anyone have any feedbvack?
I personally don't have any. Haven't seen any kind of Montego website. (If you find one, let me know). But this was a somewhat popular boat. So you should be able to find some kind of discussion about it somewhere if you do a thorough search. If I happen to find something useful, I'll get back to you.

Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
sunbird10201
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Sailboat, O'DAY DS II

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 12:13:47 pm »

PRACTICAL SAILOR Magazine did a review once, check their web site. It was a combined review of the Montego 25 and the O'DAY 25, but might still give you the info you are looking for. Also, I believe there is a Montego Owners page on SAILBOATOWNERS.COM? Not sure how active, but worth checking as well.

Sorry, both leads are false alarms! PS did review the Montego, but the review is not on their web site (BTW, sorry Randy that I didn't see your link to PS in the header of this page!) And Sailboatowners.com doesn't appear to have a Montego group, maybe YAHOO Groups does? I have the PS review, but it is copyrighted ,can't be posted online. It is in the book that PS published called "Practical Boat Buying".
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:23:31 pm by sunbird10201 » Logged
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 10:43:05 am »

PRACTICAL SAILOR Magazine did a review once, check their web site. It was a combined review of the Montego 25 and the O'DAY 25, but might still give you the info you are looking for. Also, I believe there is a Montego Owners page on SAILBOATOWNERS.COM? Not sure how active, but worth checking as well.

Sorry, both leads are false alarms! PS did review the Montego, but the review is not on their web site (BTW, sorry Randy that I didn't see your link to PS in the header of this page!) And Sailboatowners.com doesn't appear to have a Montego group, maybe YAHOO Groups does? I have the PS review, but it is copyrighted ,can't be posted online. It is in the book that PS published called "Practical Boat Buying".

Those PS reveiws are pretty good. (Thank you for NOT posting it though.) I was thinking of contacting Practical Sailer and sharing links with all of their reviews. The user would still have to buy the review and agree to NOT share it. They advertise pretty heavily with Google I noticed, which may have been what you saw on the site here. Still, it might be a good deal for them. My site gets a more traffic than the PS one, and usually shows up in the search ranking pretty well for a lot of different boats. I have no plans to do reviews myself. Although I've been told that I do need to create some sort of effective comment window for each boat. Relatively easy to use but still somewhat spam proof.
Another addition to my 'to do' list.

rb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length