Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2016, 06:47:55 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Sadler 29 water in foam
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sadler 29 water in foam  (Read 2738 times)
newwafi
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Sadler 29

« on: December 18, 2011, 01:19:15 pm »

I have just had a Sadler 29 surveyed and there is water in the closed cell foam between the outer and inner hull. Can it be rectified or should I walk away?
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:34:38 am »

I have just had a Sadler 29 surveyed and there is water in the closed cell foam between the outer and inner hull. Can it be rectified or should I walk away?
Out of my league. The best site in the US for the 'do it your selfer' is here:
www.plasticclassicforum.com

rb
newwafi
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 11:53:13 am »

I dont know what to do for the best with this boat. If I get a good reduction in the price I might go for it and take the chance. Thanks.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 08:31:52 am »

I dont know what to do for the best with this boat. If I get a good reduction in the price I might go for it and take the chance. Thanks.
I know if you manage to dry it out, there are really effective epoxy barrier coats that can be used. But again, not something I've ever worked with. As I said, you can easily find more authoritative advice in a number of places on the web.
Is this the one for sale from David Cook in Ireland?
(To be clear; He is, as far as I know, a completely reputable broker. And I know nothing about the condition of this particular boat.) Just curious.

rb
newwafi
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 08:40:17 am »

No its not from him but in South West uk. They think they can dry it and hopefully all will be well. Cheers.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 09:12:27 am »

No its not from him but in South West uk. They think they can dry it and hopefully all will be well. Cheers.

Very good. I've heard it's a good boat. Best of luck with it.

rb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length