Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2016, 07:59:07 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  Dick Koopmans sr - Breehorn
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dick Koopmans sr - Breehorn  (Read 4836 times)
Aike van der Hoeff
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Victoire 1044

« on: December 21, 2011, 03:25:52 pm »

Hi there,
Dick Koopmans sr. from The Netherlands designed not only boats for boatbuilder Victoire, but also two boats for boatbuilder Breehorn in The Netherlands: the 37 and the 44. Take a look at www.breehorn.nl, english language is available, and the specifications of the two boats too. Breehorn boatbuilder went broke a week ago, but a former owner made a renewed start.

Here's a picture of Dick Koopmans senior and his son Dick Koopmans junior. Jr. runs the design company nowadays. There was a jubilee (50 years Koopmans) in september 2011. The picture is taken at the jubilee.

By the way, Dick Koopmans junior designed the Victoire 1122, which is not yet in your database.

Regards (we sail a Victoire 1044)

Aike van der Hoeff, Netherlands
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:19:47 am by Aike van der Hoeff » Logged
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 09:48:16 am »

Hi there,
Dick Koopmans sr. from The Netherlands designed not only boats for boatbuilder Victoire, but also two boats for boatbuilder Breehorn in The Netherlands: the 37 and the 44. Take a look at www.breehorn.nl, english language is available, and the specifications of the two boats too. Breehorn boatbuilder went broke a week ago, but a former owner made a renewed start.

Here's a picture of Dick Koopmans senior and his son Dick Koopmans junior. Jr. runs the design company nowadays. There was a jubilee (50 years Koopmans) in september 2011. The picture is taken at the jubilee.

By the way, Dick Koopmans junior designed the Victoire 1122, which is not yet in your database.

Regards (we sail a Victoire 1044)

Aike van der Hoeff, Netherlands
Thanks very much for this. I've been meaning to work on the entries for Koopman & Koopman Jr. straitened out but haven't managed to get to it. And I don't have hardly anything on the Breehorns. Sad to hear that the company has gone out of business. Hopefully someone will come along to help.
I'll see if I can find something on the VICTOIRE 1122. Unfortunately I have some technical issues I'm trying to fix at the moment, but all these items are very high on my list.

Have a great holiday.
Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com 
Aike van der Hoeff
Member Emeritus

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 01:28:11 pm »

Randy,

I'll try to find as much as I can. It's probably easier for me because of the language.
The builder does not offer anything at their website, they are trying to survive and right now only deliver the V37 (by junior) and the V42 also by junior), but that's for later.
The Victoire club has some information, I'll send you that.

Regards, Aike
Aike van der Hoeff
Member Emeritus

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 02:32:44 pm »

Hi Randy,

Some information. Couldn't find any drawings yet.
Have a great holiday too

Aike
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 05:55:36 pm »

Hi Randy,

Some information. Couldn't find any drawings yet.
Have a great holiday too

Aike

Excellent. See here:
http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=7142

rb
Aike van der Hoeff
Member Emeritus

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 07:04:38 am »

Hi Randy,

Saw the 4 Breehorns you added, great.
The 37 and the 44 are designed by Dick Koopmans sr., not jr.
The production of the 37 started surely in 1980, probably earlier. I'm sure of this: during the search for a repacement for our Victoire 933 we visited a 1980 Breenhorn 37 (couldn't stand upright in the front of the cabin, I'm 1,81 tall, this was changed during 1985, the lifted the deck a bit).
To collect mor information I today asked the Breehorn club (www.breehornzeilers.nl) for information about the starting dates of the production of the 4 Breehorns. If they don't have information I'll contact the builder in a week or two.

Regards, Aike van der Hoeff
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 11:10:14 am »

Hi Randy,

Saw the 4 Breehorns you added, great.
The 37 and the 44 are designed by Dick Koopmans sr., not jr.
The production of the 37 started surely in 1980, probably earlier. I'm sure of this: during the search for a repacement for our Victoire 933 we visited a 1980 Breenhorn 37 (couldn't stand upright in the front of the cabin, I'm 1,81 tall, this was changed during 1985, the lifted the deck a bit).
To collect mor information I today asked the Breehorn club (www.breehornzeilers.nl) for information about the starting dates of the production of the 4 Breehorns. If they don't have information I'll contact the builder in a week or two.

Regards, Aike van der Hoeff

Thanks very much. Will edit.
Have a great New Year.

rb
Aike van der Hoeff
Member Emeritus

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 01:42:15 pm »

Today I called the Breehorn builder. They promised to send me information about the production start of the Breehorns in about a week or two. Because of the restart of the company they are very busy. Right now they are building Breehorn 37 #126, and Breehorn 41 #16 and #17. 
Regards, Aike
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 10:27:03 am »

Today I called the Breehorn builder. They promised to send me information about the production start of the Breehorns in about a week or two. Because of the restart of the company they are very busy. Right now they are building Breehorn 37 #126, and Breehorn 41 #16 and #17. 
Regards, Aike
That's great.
More power to them. A tough business to be in these days. An order for a Breehorn 200 (or 2) maybe, to keep things going.

rb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length