Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2016, 09:02:09 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  What is it? (Mystery Sailboat model)
| | |-+  What vessel is this
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What vessel is this  (Read 2815 times)
gor_ran
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: no name

« on: January 05, 2012, 02:36:00 pm »

Any idea for this sailboat ?  I have owned for several years and I'm looking her original brandname.  Say a Dutch sailboat.

Rudder is not original, it's home-made. Do not look rudder. Try watching the hull, deck, look at what looks like
 ;)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:43:00 pm by gor_ran » Logged
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:31:28 pm »

My guess is that it is at least based on an E. G van de Stadt design. Although I haven't seen one with that raised sheer up forward. Any other details that you know about would be helpful. Maybe a year. How long it is, etc.  I assume it's made of fiberglass, and there is no builders plate visible.

rb
gor_ran
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 11:40:10 pm »

This boat is 22-23 feet. Original have kanting keel.Keel has a large iron plate (about 60x80 cm) that rotates in the case. Keel has an irregular shape (like a diamond or similar parallellogram). An offshoot of the keel is of cast iron. Balast weight about 250-300 kg.

A few more photos. But the attention of the keel and rudder are not original. There is also a no original cover of the well where the outboard engine. Look just at the hull

No made plate.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:28:24 am by gor_ran » Logged
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:19:19 pm »

Went through all my van de Stadt archives and I can't find anything that really looks the same. I was thinking one of the Pandoras, but the bow looks completely different. It's not a VDS looking bow.
If something comes to me, I'll let you know.  In the mean time I would suggest trying boatdesign.net.

Some truly amazing mystery boat identifiers over there.
That's the best I can do for now.

Regards,
Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
gor_ran
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 02:00:24 pm »

Thanks anyway, I'm feeling. If someone has an idea I'll be grateful.

best regards
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length