Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2016, 10:02:58 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  Beneteau First 235 displacement wrong
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beneteau First 235 displacement wrong  (Read 1924 times)
ceeceebee
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Beneteau First 260, First 36.7

« on: February 04, 2012, 08:32:46 am »

Sorry I emailed this too, did not know of this topic folder... nubie....

The Displacement of the Beneteau First 235 is wrong. When Beneteau published the data, they gave the weight of the light hull and the 3 available keels (wing. fin, pivoting) separably. To get the true final displacement, you have to add the two together. In all cases, the actual displacement is closer to 3000 lbs and not 2300. This has the effect of wildly skewing some of the ratios, the SA/D in particular.

I've owned one and weighted it!
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 01:18:25 pm »

Sorry I emailed this too, did not know of this topic folder... nubie....

The Displacement of the Beneteau First 235 is wrong. When Beneteau published the data, they gave the weight of the light hull and the 3 available keels (wing. fin, pivoting) separably. To get the true final displacement, you have to add the two together. In all cases, the actual displacement is closer to 3000 lbs and not 2300. This has the effect of wildly skewing some of the ratios, the SA/D in particular.

I've owned one and weighted it!

Thanks very much for pointing out the error. Changes made. Have a look now. The numbers for the fin, wing, and swing from my own brochure seem to match the ones I see on the f235 web site.  I also added a separate Swing Keel record.  As a general policy, I have decided to stick with published specifications only, even though I know the actual boat may end up being slightly different.

Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length