Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2016, 05:16:23 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  Photographs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Photographs  (Read 1830 times)
Ken H.
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: C&C 37/40XL & a Laser II

« on: February 09, 2012, 02:11:44 pm »

Hi Randy,

Are you looking for photographs to add to the individual records for each boat?  Are you able to use photos that are freely available on the web under a "fair use" policy or do you have more stringent rules about what you use?

I'd be happy to contribute a few photos (and let you choose) for some of the record that don't have photos yet.  If you'd like a few, what size and resolution would you prefer?

Thank you for the credit in the C&C 37/40 entries.

S/V Salazar - CAN 54955
1990 - C&C 37/40 XL #67
Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 04:04:32 pm »

Hi Randy,

Are you looking for photographs to add to the individual records for each boat?  Are you able to use photos that are freely available on the web under a "fair use" policy or do you have more stringent rules about what you use?

I'd be happy to contribute a few photos (and let you choose) for some of the record that don't have photos yet.  If you'd like a few, what size and resolution would you prefer?

Thank you for the credit in the C&C 37/40 entries.
Ken,
Thanks for your interest.
I really like to have photos. (one per record/boat type)
The IDEAL photo is one that
1. Aids the user to establish it's unique identity.
2. Stylistically, I like to show the boat under sail. - This is why brochure photos usually end up being the best, by far. And why I don't usually like photos that feature dragging dinghies, fenders hanging over the side etc. I like to make each boat look as 'photogenic'  as is possible.
3. OR, If a user has contributed a photo of his own boat, I don't have another photo of the boat in question,  and I like to express my appreciation in some way.

Legal/Permission issues:

I Don't use photos taken by individuals posted on the web: (Blogs, Class/Owner websites, Yahoo groups etc.)without permission from 'owner'

I DO use photo's from those  that are part of posted brochures (for boats that are no longer built, as well as those for new boats.

I DON'T use brokerage photos UNLESS, the owner, or seller of the boat, has granted me permission to do so.

There are other factors of course, but these are the basics.

Regards,
Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
Ken H.
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: C&C 37/40XL & a Laser II

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:43:56 pm »

The first two photos are off brochures for the C&C 37/40 (01 & 04).  The third (also the C&C 37/40) I think is from a brochure but I'm not positive.  I no longer remember where I found it.

S/V Salazar - CAN 54955
1990 - C&C 37/40 XL #67
Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length