Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2016, 11:30:24 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  How to rig a Flying Tern?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to rig a Flying Tern?  (Read 2697 times)
PamatechVI
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Flying Tern

« on: May 05, 2012, 06:44:37 pm »

My late Dad's home-made Flying Tern was recently repaired and refinished, but the hardware wasn't reinstalled. We don't know what goes where. Please, can anyone direct me to a diagram to show how whereto  replace all the blocks etc.? Thanks!
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:15:22 am »

My late Dad's home-made Flying Tern was recently repaired and refinished, but the hardware wasn't reinstalled. We don't know what goes where. Please, can anyone direct me to a diagram to show how whereto  replace all the blocks etc.? Thanks!

Here's a drawing of the orginal layout (plywood version). Some of the rigging may be a little dated.
(For example, I wouldn't bother with the console mounted winch unless it's already there).

I just noticed that the Dutch Flying Tern  class web site is gone.
Everything is going to Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flying-Tern-Sailboats/143157949103110  I see a diagram there that should be somewhat helpful.
You should be able to find some photos with adequate details.
Better still is to find one 'in person' that is fully rigged.  If you're in the US, this may be little harder, but there must some around. 
rb
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 06:31:31 am by sonosail » Logged
PamatechVI
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Flying Tern

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 10:18:55 pm »

Thanks so much for your help! I hadn't thought of Facebook, good idea.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length