Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2016, 08:55:07 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  help! need traveler parts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help! need traveler parts  (Read 1695 times)
islandgirl5858
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Cal24 1984

« on: May 17, 2012, 05:30:17 am »

I have a CalP 24 1984 and lost an end stop and an adjustable stop from my traveler.  It was made by schaffer who no longer deals with 1" tracks.  I have tried schaffer, rigrite, and a few custom places, and looked everywhere online to identify a real boat junkyard.  I have taken measurements and sent photos.

I dont' know what else to do?
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 07:43:31 am »

I have a CalP 24 1984 and lost an end stop and an adjustable stop from my traveler.  It was made by schaffer who no longer deals with 1" tracks.  I have tried schaffer, rigrite, and a few custom places, and looked everywhere online to identify a real boat junkyard.  I have taken measurements and sent photos.

I dont' know what else to do?
Have you considered a line adjustment with some kind of cleat on both sides. Tie a knot on the trimming end of each one so the traveler won't fly off the end. As an added safety feature you could make your own stop using the mounting bolt on each end. This should be fairly easy and it will also work better than before.
rb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length