Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2016, 11:29:28 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Benetaeu first 285 vs. Catalina 30
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Benetaeu first 285 vs. Catalina 30  (Read 2075 times)
e6devildog
Pick-up Crew

« on: May 21, 2012, 06:49:46 pm »

I am looking at buying my first sailboat and am trying to decide between these two.  I can not find the head room for either.  I am 6'2"  thus I want something comfortable and fun.  Any suggestions?
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 07:48:45 am »

I am looking at buying my first sailboat and am trying to decide between these two.  I can not find the head room for either.  I am 6'2"  thus I want something comfortable and fun.  Any suggestions?
Personally, (and I'm 6'4") the amount of headroom would not be a huge factor in picking a boat.  The Catalina will have more room. The Beneteau will be newer. They both sail pretty well.
No matter which one you pick, unless you are confident and capable fixer upper, you should get a good survey.
But I will also admit that the boats I've ended up with, never had a thing to do with any kind of rational evaluation.  I don't pick a boat.  The boat picks me. Some people are smarter.
This is why any advice of this kind from me is probably not very useful.

rb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length