Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2016, 07:57:38 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  Dyer Delta Listing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dyer Delta Listing  (Read 3229 times)
Dyer Delta
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Sail

« on: April 02, 2009, 07:11:47 pm »

Not sure if this is the right place, but I have some new information on the Dyer Delta you have listed. It was built by the Anchorage corp who was then and still is located in warren RI. 12 were built with the last being finished in 68. To the best of my knowledge it is a Charles Street Design. I have spent some time talking to Tad, the current owner, and this is about all they have records for. Hull 6 and 7 are accounted for so for, both of which were originally donated to the Ida Lewis YC in Newport. I do have some copies of literature that i could possibly scan in or get some of the original marketing info. Tad didnt seem to believe that it ever made it to the full production schedule do to a public shift of wanting power boats at the time.

Hope this helps.

Chris
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 08:43:33 am »

Thanks very much.
Yes it IS the right place, and yes it does help.
And literature would be most welcome if, and whenever you get a chance.
I'm in the process of re-doing my contact form, encouraging people to do what you have done, rather than sending me personal emails. (mainly because it's so much easier for me to keep track of all the requests, corrections etc. I get.)

Again, much appreciated.

Regards,
Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT

Not sure if this is the right place, but I have some new information on the Dyer Delta you have listed. It was built by the Anchorage corp who was then and still is located in warren RI. 12 were built with the last being finished in 68. To the best of my knowledge it is a Charles Street Design. I have spent some time talking to Tad, the current owner, and this is about all they have records for. Hull 6 and 7 are accounted for so for, both of which were originally donated to the Ida Lewis YC in Newport. I do have some copies of literature that i could possibly scan in or get some of the original marketing info. Tad didnt seem to believe that it ever made it to the full production schedule do to a public shift of wanting power boats at the time.

Hope this helps.

Chris
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length