Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 25, 2016, 08:41:59 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  Point Jude day sailer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Point Jude day sailer  (Read 4409 times)
donzbop
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Point Jude

« on: August 02, 2009, 10:48:00 am »

My wife purchased a 3rd hand Point Jude at a local church yard sale. We have had it out on the lake a few times to see if its water tight and plan to take the local safety and sailing classes. I have not been able to find any information on how to rig the sails even though we did manage to get a copy of the owners manual and would like that info before we take the classes.The photos I've seen on the net seem a bit incomplete to a novice like myself. If anyone has any good pic of this I would love to see them.
donzbop@gmail.com
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 12:18:06 pm »

Just so I understand you. You DO have the owners manual? But it doesn't enough  information to rig the boat? (and let me be clear: I understand certain basics of rigging the boat could be slightly daunting for someone who has never had any exposure to sailing)
Does this manual have a drawing of this particular boat? (It's a good boat, by the way. I have seen one close up).
I may be able to point you to a more pictorial view of the basic rigging mechanics. But I'm also interested in the drawing of the boat.
rb
My wife purchased a 3rd hand Point Jude at a local church yard sale. We have had it out on the lake a few times to see if its water tight and plan to take the local safety and sailing classes. I have not been able to find any information on how to rig the sails even though we did manage to get a copy of the owners manual and would like that info before we take the classes.The photos I've seen on the net seem a bit incomplete to a novice like myself. If anyone has any good pic of this I would love to see them.
donzbop@gmail.com
donzbop
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 02:26:11 pm »

Correct the official manual has a basic line drawing but no details such as what line goes where.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 11:56:02 am »

Well, I sure would like to get a copy of that drawing. (I don't know if  you have the capablity of doing a decent scan.)
The easiest way for me to get you started is if you can get some somewhat detailed photo's of the boat. (the deck especially). In the mean time, I'll look around for some other photos on the internet that would apply to what you need to to in order to get it rigged correctly.

Where are you located, by the way?
rb
donzbop
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 01:31:13 pm »

Moneta Va..Smith Mountain Lake
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length