Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2016, 03:28:12 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  kirby 30
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: kirby 30  (Read 3303 times)
bruce
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: kirby 30

« on: August 04, 2009, 02:30:04 pm »

i have come to own a k-30. it has been dismasted but i have purchased a 32' section which i shall have welded. any suggestions about sleeving?  i was looking for any info on k-30's including original rig specs and drawings., i plan to make this a better rig by adding another spreader and maybe another lower shroud. mine was deck stepped but i plan to keel step the repaired mast, ( i think i have just enough ). i have to remove the main bulkhead as it has deteriorated. any suggestions? the boat has lots of cosmetic issues but by next year should be on the water
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 11:47:28 am »

The whole thing about changing you mast configuration is a an extremely complicated one and you should do that only if  you  really have investigated it thoroughly. Likewise with changing it to keel stepped. (I'll just assume you have.)
You may be able to get a drawing from Bruce Kirby himself.  He has a website: www.brucekirbymarine.com
If you do get one, let me know, because I wouldn't mind getting one myself.
(By the way, I have just done an update for all Bruce Kirby designs on the site.)

Regards,
Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
Norwalk, CT

i have come to own a k-30. it has been dismasted but i have purchased a 32' section which i shall have welded. any suggestions about sleeving?  i was looking for any info on k-30's including original rig specs and drawings., i plan to make this a better rig by adding another spreader and maybe another lower shroud. mine was deck stepped but i plan to keel step the repaired mast, ( i think i have just enough ). i have to remove the main bulkhead as it has deteriorated. any suggestions? the boat has lots of cosmetic issues but by next year should be on the water
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length