Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2016, 01:45:46 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Repair, Restoration, Fixit
| | |-+  Graves Constellation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Graves Constellation  (Read 8989 times)
sonosail
Administrator

« on: September 07, 2009, 12:07:19 pm »

Not COMPLETELY  sure there isn't an owner that has plans for this one, but it's been sitting in the same spot uncovered for at least 4 years. Still trying to get some information on this part. Besides the fact that these are rare, it is, to my mind at least, one the most beautiful of this type ever built, with a fiberglass hull molded to highest standard.  It doesn't look like the hull has ever been painted and yet the color looks relatively unfaded.
The wood coach roof and deck still look restorable, though far more vulnerable to the elements should it be left much longer in it's current state.
rb
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 06:06:17 pm by sonosail » Logged
julietsix
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Annapolis 25

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 08:26:41 am »

I am looking for a Graves Constellation project.  Can you provide any contact information on this boat?  Also, can you suggest in general how I might go about executing a rescue on this boat?  Should I approach the boatyard requesting information, is there a way to search for the owner via the registration number, etc?

Thanks....
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 11:26:17 am »

This particular boat was located in Rowayton CT.  It has since been removed by the (new) owner and, supposedly being restored.  So it's no longer available.  I don't know the name of the new owner or his/her whereabouts.  The real Constellation expert is Ken Weller, an American  who lives in the UK. (He used to be president of the Offshore Racing Council ???) When I spoke to him a few months ago, he was in the process of having one shipped over there to be restored. He also used  own another one that he purchase new when they were still being built. (in the 1960's ??)
Since I posted that picture, a number of people have asked me about it. I don't believe there are many like that just sitting around.  But if I happen to hear of one, I'll let you know. I can give you Kens Email address if you're interested. I'll have to look it up and then contact him before I do. (I try to careful about posting email addresses without getting peoples permission)
That's all I can tell you at the moment.
Regards,
Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT (USA)

author=julietsix link=topic=224.msg574#msg574 date=1260631601]
I am looking for a Graves Constellation project.  Can you provide any contact information on this boat?  Also, can you suggest in general how I might go about executing a rescue on this boat?  Should I approach the boatyard requesting information, is there a way to search for the owner via the registration number, etc?

Thanks....
[/quote]
julietsix
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Annapolis 25

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 12:48:49 pm »

Thanks for the prompt response, I will contact you via private message regarding contact with Ken Weller.

Cheers,
Jim
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 04:06:54 pm »

Let me know if you manage to get in touch with him. He seems like a pretty nice guy.
That one on Yacht World seems pretty reasonable since it doesn't look like it needs a whole lot of work.
rb

Thanks for the prompt response, I will contact you via private message regarding contact with Ken Weller.

Cheers,
Jim
downeastenough
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 10:21:03 am »

I have a Graves Constellation, 1965, a worthy restoration project, now stored under cover. Contact me if interested.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length