Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2016, 06:52:48 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  slipper 42
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: slipper 42  (Read 3240 times)
SYLVAIN
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: slipper 42

« on: September 21, 2009, 11:33:13 am »

hi
sorry for my bad english, it's not my language,
i have a slipper 42 year 1977 (tyler boat company) and i 'm locking for informations on this yacht:i can't find the designer, some people tell me that it's a hollmann ad pye model, other that it's a van de stat and your website give one other name and i can't find this man on internet: where your informations are from? where to find more informations, thanks very much
sylvain
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 05:21:42 pm »

Just in case you didn't find the record I have for this yacht it's here:

http://www.sailboatdata.com/VIEWRECORD.ASP?CLASS_ID=4741

It may be the same as a boat called the TYLER 42, but I'm not sure.
I know nothing about the designer listed.
If you send an email to the person at this site,  http://www.yachtbrochures.co.uk
he may be able to tell you if it is included in one his Tyler brochures or if he knows anything more about it.
That's the best I can do for now.

Regards,
Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT USA
sailboatdata.com

sailorman_john
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: CAT KETCH 31

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 05:06:08 am »

For anyone wondering about the SLIPPER 42 made by Tyler mouldings, Robin Musters says the following:

The Slipper 42 started life as the Rancher 41, which Tylers acquired the moulds of.
We raised the topsides about a foot and discarded the bolt on keel and spade rudder in favour of internal ballast and a skeg rudder. This converted a racing hull into a cruising boat. As well as the keel and rudder, I drew the interior layout and the new deck.

We moulded several Holman & Pye designs starting with the Twisters, Hustler 30 & 35, Bowman 46, but they were not involved with the Slipper 42.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:44:40 pm »

For anyone wondering about the SLIPPER 42 made by Tyler mouldings, Robin Musters says the following:

The Slipper 42 started life as the Rancher 41, which Tylers acquired the moulds of.
We raised the topsides about a foot and discarded the bolt on keel and spade rudder in favour of internal ballast and a skeg rudder. This converted a racing hull into a cruising boat. As well as the keel and rudder, I drew the interior layout and the new deck.

We moulded several Holman & Pye designs starting with the Twisters, Hustler 30 & 35, Bowman 46, but they were not involved with the Slipper 42.

Terrific! Great stuff.  Thanks very much 'sailorman_john'. I replied to your post previously, but for some reason, the whole message disappeared. Let me get back to you.  In the mean time, I will include this information as a footnote.

Regards to you, and Robin Musters.
Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT
sailboatdata.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length