Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2016, 03:29:51 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  Sailstar Models
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sailstar Models  (Read 2026 times)
sonosail
Administrator

« on: October 11, 2009, 12:14:38 pm »

Dave-

I'm attaching my original (full sized scan) drawing from an old Yachting Magazine article. (I had another one for the Exlorer but I can't find it.) The article identified this boat as the Tallstar. (In the 'design' section, NOT an ad)  But I think it was just then being introduced. It may well have been the orginal drawing from Mr. Baker.  It's possible that the interior mold(s) had not even yet even been created. So they may have decided that the first??? model (Tallstar) should have a cuddy cabin. And then, another model (Meteor) would have an open cockpit. We'll probably never know for sure. But the hull is DEFINITELY the same.  See comparison drawing. (blew up your brochure drawing. So I think we can sure that they came from the same hull mold. The same is probably true of the Eplorer, Pioneer, and ??Defender??.   (I'm sure a sigh of relief will be heard around the world now that this issue has been settled).

So much so that I'm copying this to the forum.

rb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length