Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2016, 09:54:47 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  merit 23 keel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: merit 23 keel  (Read 2784 times)
doc
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Merit 23

« on: October 24, 2009, 07:58:45 am »

Hello All....I'm a new member and thought I'd try and get some information about a sailboat I recently bought...a Merit 23.  Much has been written about the Merit 25 but I've found little about this sweet, fast and fun 23....I'd like to get information from the builder (now out of business) about how the centerboard/wing keel was built and any help on servicing this keel unit.  This might have been a design problem that kept the boat from being manufactured for more than one year (1985).

Thanks....Doc
Spokane, Wa.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 02:31:02 pm »

I wish I could help but haven't seen anything more than what you see already about this model. If I stumble into something more, I'll let you know.
rb

Hello All....I'm a new member and thought I'd try and get some information about a sailboat I recently bought...a Merit 23.  Much has been written about the Merit 25 but I've found little about this sweet, fast and fun 23....I'd like to get information from the builder (now out of business) about how the centerboard/wing keel was built and any help on servicing this keel unit.  This might have been a design problem that kept the boat from being manufactured for more than one year (1985).

Thanks....Doc
Spokane, Wa.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:02:27 am by sonosail » Logged
Charlie
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Allmand 31

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 05:47:48 pm »

Consider having a surveyor check this out. A good Accredited SAMS or Certified NAMS guy (or gal) can give you some guideance.

Charlie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length