Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 08, 2016, 10:46:47 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  Alan Gurney Competition 1000
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alan Gurney Competition 1000  (Read 6185 times)
spidey1170
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Carter Competition 30

« on: November 15, 2008, 02:41:51 pm »

Hello,

I found out through Bob Perry that I do not have a Dick Carter boat, but one designed by Alan Gurney, the Competition 1000.

Does anybody have any information on this, please or know where I can find some?

Thank you in advance!

Steve
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 11:51:58 pm »

I saw the comments from Perry.  If anyone knows, it's him. I have some publications from around this date, but I haven't seen anything about this model. Let me know if you come up with anything.

regards,
rb
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 04:23:15 pm »

Hello,

I found out through Bob Perry that I do not have a Dick Carter boat, but one designed by Alan Gurney, the Competition 1000.

Does anybody have any information on this, please or know where I can find some?

Thank you in advance!

Steve
A long shot. Could it possibly be a CONTENTION 10M or CONTENTION 33?
You can an idea what this yacht look like by going here: http://www.sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_ID=1652
centerofeffort42
Boat builder
Regular

Boat Type: C&C 34R, Peterson 25

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:00:23 pm »

Am new to this forum,  And here goes. If the comp 1000, by Alan Gurney is the small 28 are 29 foot early IOR 1/2 toner of the 1968 -72 period it was a California built craft.  It was an effort out of the Alameda,  Stevenson yard, just down the street from Tom Wylie's shop, back in the day.  There is one right now on the hard here in port Townsend. It's a cute little boat. It never did well racing because it was out designed by both D. Peterson, and Bruce Kirby. the very time it was launched.  They just over powered the little boat. Do not have hull specs, possible it's here, at this sites data base !!!???
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 05:20:04 pm by centerofeffort42 » Logged
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 12:32:49 pm »

Craig,
I hope he get's that's message. He's been looking for information on that boat for a while. and it's had everyone stumped on a lot of forums everywhere.  (Bob Perry had heard of it.) You were the only one that seemed to know something about it.  Hats off!
You are hereby appointed the official sailboatdata.com mystery solver of last resort.
When you get a chance, you can clarify some of other things you were saying about the origins of certain Buccaneers.

rb
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 07:44:45 am »

Here's some photos provided by Craig!
Hello,

Thank you in advance!

Steve
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 06:38:26 am »

Here are some snips of photos of the prototype, also provided by Craig. (Also the name of the yard where it was built in the background)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length