Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 07, 2016, 07:02:45 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  Laser 2 drawing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laser 2 drawing  (Read 3400 times)
Ken H.
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: C&C 37/40XL & a Laser II

« on: November 11, 2009, 05:56:03 am »

Here are a couple of Laser 2 (Laser II) drawings I scanned from a Laser*2 brochure I have from the mid 1990's.  I thought you might prefer one to the one you have as they show the underwater profile as well as the sail plan.

S/V Salazar - CAN 54955
1990 - C&C 37/40 XL #67
Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:00:05 am »

Thanks very much Ken.  I DO like to have the complete profile and it is really an excellent scan.
I will certainly use it.  of course I will need to reduce size and color depth a bit. But will be a big improvement.
Really appreciate this.

Regards,
Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT
sailboatdata.com
Ken H.
Member Emeritus

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 09:14:59 am »

I thought it would be best to send it at a higher resolution (and in colour) than you would use so you could decide what final resolution you needed.

In case I come across something else I think you could use, do you prefer a certain size or file type?  If I'm scanning it really doesn't matter to me, I'm using Photoshop so I can save to whatever size, bit depth and file type works best for you.

S/V Salazar - CAN 54955
1990 - C&C 37/40 XL #67
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 06:01:12 pm »

Awfully nice.  (I need to get back to the notes you left for the  C&C's and get that sorted out a little better.) 
However you did the Laser 2 drawing, is fine.  Very clean!
You'd think that by now I'd be a scanning expert but I'm really not. From a brochure or page, if it's a drawing, I scan in grey scale (256). setting it at least 600 DPI. Depends on the drawing.
All drawing here are greyscale in the end anyway. I just clean them up from there. Obviously it's much better to start with a large image and reduce it, than the other way around.
Same with photos except that I sometimes scan in full color and take it from there. When I do the scan I'll save it to a gif, or something non lossy. When I'm done I save as jpeg.
Since ALL of these images are actually stored IN a database, (not recommended by anybody)  I should use ImageReady to bring down the file size, but I don't usually even bother. 
I'm already using the Laser 2 drawing. Decided to save this one in color with the red insignia. (256).
Check it out:http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_ID=4214 When the're this clean, I sometimes make them a little bigger than normal!
rb

I thought it would be best to send it at a higher resolution (and in colour) than you would use so you could decide what final resolution you needed.

In case I come across something else I think you could use, do you prefer a certain size or file type?  If I'm scanning it really doesn't matter to me, I'm using Photoshop so I can save to whatever size, bit depth and file type works best for you.
Ken H.
Member Emeritus

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 06:51:57 pm »

It looks good to me!  ;D

S/V Salazar - CAN 54955
1990 - C&C 37/40 XL #67
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length