Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2016, 04:06:06 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  11.08 foot skunk dinghy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 11.08 foot skunk dinghy  (Read 4510 times)
jim
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: 11.o8 skunk dinghy

« on: December 04, 2009, 11:02:08 am »

i am rebuilding the retractable daggerboard for the skunk. do i need to attach rigging to raise and lower, or does gravity do the job?
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 08:36:14 am »

Sorry.  I've never even seen a Skunk. (the boat I mean, of course). I have it listed as having a centerboard (pivoting on a pin) with the trunk sealed at the top. .  But, if it is, in fact a daggerboard, and it's tight enough in the trunk, just friction is often enough to hold it up or down. On a Sunfish, there is a metal clip screwed on to the side of the board to hold it in the down position. Maybe if you had a picture or something, someone could give better advice than this.
Good luck with it.
rb

i am rebuilding the retractable daggerboard for the skunk. do i need to attach rigging to raise and lower, or does gravity do the job?
sailorum
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: 11 ft. Skunk..................42 ft. Morgan ketch

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 09:08:23 pm »

I own a skunk and the only thing it has is a pivoted daggerboard...There is a drawstring on it with the bottom of the daggerboard as one end and a hole in the top of the D/B housing for the other end...I need mast, boom, sail, tiller and rudder...R. West
schlepper
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Skunk, Alberg 22

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:07:25 pm »

Long live the skunk!
Recently pulled from its 12 year resting place in a pile of leaves and pine needles. A great little boat!
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 09:26:54 pm »

Very nice photo. Thanks! I might even use it for my 'Skunk' record if you don't mind.
I should a also add that the term 'daggerboard' means that it raises and lowers vertically only. A centerboard 'pivots'.
rb   
schlepper
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Skunk, Alberg 22

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 11:16:33 am »

Sure thing, thats fine sonosail. If other skunk owners have any questions, I have her properly rigged ( I think) and have more shots if necessary. I purchased this one from an older couple who owned one previously, but lost her on the rocks in a storm. However, they were so fond of her, they went back to the builder for another.
Again, a great little boat.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length