Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2016, 01:54:14 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  mcglasson pilothouse cutter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mcglasson pilothouse cutter  (Read 21057 times)
SAGA
Trimmer

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2010, 08:02:03 pm »

I know it's not a sailboat.....but...

I have friends on Balboa Island California about 5 houses west of the Balboa side ferry terminal. I watch this live web cam that is on the Pavilion side of the ferry run, to keep an "eye" on them.

http://www.talesofbalboa.com/webcams/balboabay.htm

Today the motor yacht "AMIGO" that Joe McGlasson made in the 1960's for Joe Beek; who was the owner of the Balboa Island Car Ferry , was coming in from a charter fishing trip and I caught it as it came across the web cam view. The design and condition of "AMIGO" still look very nice today. To me this says a lot about the quality of the wooden vessels that Joe built!

robdavis the one you got is a great one!

SAGA

robdavis
Regular

Boat Type: mcglasson pilothouse cutter

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2010, 02:06:14 pm »

Saga,

I'm amazed you captured such a great shot from a webcam!  I found a picture of this boat earlier on the Amigo's charter website:

www.caladventures.com/NewportLanding.htm

I still haven't seen any photos of the 'other' pilothouse cutter "Aeolus," mentioned  as 'for sale' in the above posts.  Were you aware of this boat or plans that the boat may have been built from after Joe's passing in 1990?  Perhaps the owner is mistaken on the build date.

I'm still interested in the photos you mentioned you could send - assuming they weren't lost in the mail.  Thanks.
DDD
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Cheoy Lee Ketch, Cape Foulweather Sloop

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2010, 06:19:09 pm »

Hello-

Thank you all for the informative post.  I recently found myself the skipper of a 27 foot Cape Foulweather named "Dread".  She is not in the best shape, but she is a hell of a lot of fun to sail.  When I got her, I could not find any information on Cape Foulweather Boats.  It was been quite interesting to read up on who built her.

thanks-

3D
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 11:13:36 am »

I'm starting to ad my designer pics.   I have one of Joe up there. Not an Avedon, but it will have to do for now.
http://sailboatdata.com/view_designer.asp?DESIGNER_ID=222

If you have any ideas about how can improve the bio I'm all ears.

Also, there's a new Islander web site that just formed. I told the people that I had been in contact with someone who actually knew Joe McGlasson. If your interested in getting in touch with them, let me  know.

Cheers,
Randy Browning

robdavis
Regular

Boat Type: mcglasson pilothouse cutter

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2010, 10:26:07 pm »

Randy,

Well, it was a good run for a blog on an obscure name.  A few surprises and lots of new info.  Thanks again for the website - I'll stay posted!

Rob...
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2010, 08:57:42 am »

sonosail,

I have some random photos of Joe McGlasson; some building things, some from attitude adjustment hour, but there are quite a few. I don't know what you would want me to do with them.

Let know how to handle them..Or if you even want them.

I didn't know if it would be of intrest to the Forum.

Thanks in advance.

SAGA

Sorry if I let this drop. I have added one of your photos to Joe McGlasson record.  It's not wonderful, but the best one I saw for this particular placement. The Bio is also a bit weak. See what you think.  I you have any suggestions let me know.
It's here: http://sailboatdata.com/view_designer.asp?designer_id=222

Thanks.
Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length