Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2016, 03:06:57 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  What is it? (Mystery Sailboat model)
| | |-+  Is this a legend 29
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this a legend 29  (Read 3240 times)
LITTLE JOHN
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: VAN DE STADT LEGEND 29

« on: January 11, 2010, 02:23:49 am »

Hi all,
Just bought this boat and can not find any history , or sites on it.
Looked at other legends for sale and they don't seem the same ?
She is called slipper and details are :- Design = Van De Stadt / :- model = Legend 29 / :- Material = GRP / :- Year = 1972 / :- Loa = 8.84m(29ft) / :- Lwl = 7.34m(24ft 1inch) / :- Beam = 2.74m(9ft) / :- Draft = 1.68m(5ft 6inch) / :- Displacment = 3 Tonnes.
If any one know's of this type of boat, i would all so like to know handicap if poss please.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:35:22 am by LITTLE JOHN » Logged
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 10:40:23 am »

Don't know the builder but I think they were sold in the UK. I don't have it listed here, (even though I should) but I THINK you can get a scanned copy of the original brochure from this guy:
http://www.yachtbrochures.co.uk/grp.htm I see a Legend 30 listed there - but the brochure is from 1993) You would want to ask to make sure it's your boat. A lot Jeanneau's use the name Legend though haven't ever seen anything in the size range.
His name is Mike Davies and I have bought a bunch of stuff from him myself. (I don't get any special deal or anthing out of promoting his services, but he is a good guy and responds promptly.) If you aren't in the UK, for a small order, it's just as easy to do it through Pay Pal even though they kill you with the exchange rates.)
That's the best I can come up with at the moment.  Be most interested if you find out anything more.
Regards,
Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT USA
sailboatdata.com

Hi all,
Just bought this boat and can not find any history , or sites on it.
Looked at other legends for sale and they don't seem the same ?
She is called slipper and details are :- Design = Van De Stadt / :- model = Legend 29 / :- Material = GRP / :- Year = 1972 / :- Loa = 8.84m(29ft) / :- Lwl = 7.34m(24ft 1inch) / :- Beam = 2.74m(9ft) / :- Draft = 1.68m(5ft 6inch) / :- Displacment = 3 Tonnes.
If any one know's of this type of boat, i would all so like to know handicap if poss please.
LITTLE JOHN
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: VAN DE STADT LEGEND 29

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 11:27:21 am »

Thanks Sonosail,
You will probaly find the legend 30 you refer to is by hunter.
These are of a later date and defanatly not the same as mine.
I have seen the yachtbrochure site and want to make sure i get the right boat first.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 12:26:22 pm »

I know that yours is definitely not a Hunter. (Marine USA or Boats UK) The American Hunters were, and still are available in the UK. It's possible that the brochure he has listed is for one of those.  But he'll tell you.  He knows pretty much everything about what he has listed.

rb

Thanks Sonosail,
You will probaly find the legend 30 you refer to is by hunter.
These are of a later date and defanatly not the same as mine.
I have seen the yachtbrochure site and want to make sure i get the right boat first.
Barney Post
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 12:38:23 pm »

There's a guy from Holland that stops by here every once in while who knows everything about van de Stadt designs.  He has the Dutch version of that Van de Stadt book that catalogues every design ever done by the firm. Actually there is an English version available that you can buy from the van de Stadt site.

bp
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length