Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2016, 01:46:27 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Listed Designers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Listed Designers  (Read 2763 times)
sonosail
Administrator

« on: February 15, 2010, 09:03:57 am »

Recently, I have received some criticism about linking a boat to a designer that never had any direct involvement with, and, for which royalties were never paid.  Many people know about the practice of 'splashing' copies of boats, and/or modify the original designers work to the extant that, in many cases, the final result is not even recognizably close to what the designer originally intended. This practice has been especially blatant with certain builders in the Far East, but also was also rampant in the US during the 1970's and 80s. No doubt it occurred elsewhere.
In cases where this has not been pointed out, I think the complaint is a VALID. As a result, I am in the process of adding a explanation where such a case exists that I'm aware of, WITHOUT removing the reference to a certain designer to which there was an original connection, however tenuous. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length