Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2016, 01:28:48 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  What is it? (Mystery Sailboat model)
| | |-+  morgan 45-1 centre cockpit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: morgan 45-1 centre cockpit  (Read 3473 times)
lancemorgan
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: morgan 45-1

« on: April 11, 2010, 01:42:04 pm »

need help with the history of said vessel and possible links to pics etc.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 04:08:48 pm »

need help with the history of said vessel and possible links to pics etc.
Are you talking about the Starett & Jencks 45? (built from the molds of the orginal Morgan 45)
lancemorgan
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: morgan 45-1

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 07:22:07 pm »

yes i do believe thats the case but wanted to find out if in fact how many morgan built and wanted to find out if in fact the centre cockpit was built for chartering excluseifly and maybe be able to trace her history it has a home built title so im having trouble trying to find pics or much info at all on this boat would like any additional info you might have thanks
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 06:51:15 am »

yes i do believe thats the case but wanted to find out if in fact how many morgan built and wanted to find out if in fact the centre cockpit was built for chartering excluseifly and maybe be able to trace her history it has a home built title so im having trouble trying to find pics or much info at all on this boat would like any additional info you might have thanks
My records indicate that around 12 of the original Morgan version were built. (To my eye, this was a beautiful, pre IOR, weatherly looking boat. Very narrow beam. Not typical of a Morgan design. The hull seem far from ideal for the charter trade.  I have seen a brochure for the S&J version but it did not include much other than the photo that you see here.
I was in contact with a man a while back who was restoring a completely gutted, and rigless S&J 45 that he found abandoned somewhere. I think it was the center cockpit version. You can do a search here to discover his contact information. He sometimes checks in at the plasticclassics forum. There were some pictures also.  www.plasticclassics.com.  That's about the best info I can provide at the moment.
rb
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 07:02:36 am »

Here's the link:
http://plasticclassicforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3232

rb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length