Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2016, 06:56:38 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  What's in a name?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's in a name?  (Read 2126 times)
O2BSailing2
Pick-up Crew

« on: April 28, 2010, 04:46:32 pm »

In your Specifications for the Hans Christian 36, the designer is said to be Robert Perry.  This boat is a "stretched" design collaboration of HC's Edwards, since he wanted a boat 2 feet longer,  and Union Shipbuilding. Hence, Perry's name should at least be ended with an asterisk and a note appending or, better yet use Edwards and USB as "designers" and annotate with a note about where the 36 came from.
Roberts does not, by his own admission, associate his name with this boat.  And to show up UYB..union yacht builders he then designed the Tayana 37.
Thank you.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 02:53:25 pm »

Amazing timing. Because I just edited that record yesterday with what I felt, at the time, was a better explanation of it's origins. But now that you have brought it up, I think you're right. It needs further improvement or 'annotation'. As soon as I get to it, I'll get back to you and you can let me know what you think.
As always, I welcome and appreciate all comments, complaints, and/or corrections.

Thanks very much.

Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com

In your Specifications for the Hans Christian 36, the designer is said to be Robert Perry.  This boat is a "stretched" design collaboration of HC's Edwards, since he wanted a boat 2 feet longer,  and Union Shipbuilding. Hence, Perry's name should at least be ended with an asterisk and a note appending or, better yet use Edwards and USB as "designers" and annotate with a note about where the 36 came from.
Roberts does not, by his own admission, associate his name with this boat.  And to show up UYB..union yacht builders he then designed the Tayana 37.
Thank you.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length