Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2016, 07:03:00 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  Need Morgan 34 info
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Morgan 34 info  (Read 2343 times)
ronedwill
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: '67 M34 #44

« on: June 08, 2010, 03:34:32 pm »

I am about to embark on what I see as my last great project and hope that someone on the form will be able to help.

After hurricane IKE slammed into Galveston, a neighbor decided it was time to move on and his M-34 hull #  44 became my (much my wife's anger) new love. If the race placards are authentic, she seems to have originally sailed around the Miami/Ft Lauderdale before moving over to the Pensacola area under the name Windsong.

My problem is that when the storm hit, the mast was off and the engine room had been gutted for rework and repair and thus all the parts, engine and rigging, plumbing and who knows what else, were in a garage and consequently most were washed away.
I am looking for any drawings and/or prints, dealing with rigging, plumbing, and engine room configuration  (She was originally outfitted with a Westerbeke 4-91) but I'll probably retrofite.

If someone out there might be able to direct me to a sorce for these, I would help me keep the classic from ending up like so many others after the storm.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Ron Williams
Running on Empty
Tiki Island TX.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 01:01:38 pm »

I am about to embark on what I see as my last great project and hope that someone on the form will be able to help.

After hurricane IKE slammed into Galveston, a neighbor decided it was time to move on and his M-34 hull #  44 became my (much my wife's anger) new love. If the race placards are authentic, she seems to have originally sailed around the Miami/Ft Lauderdale before moving over to the Pensacola area under the name Windsong.

My problem is that when the storm hit, the mast was off and the engine room had been gutted for rework and repair and thus all the parts, engine and rigging, plumbing and who knows what else, were in a garage and consequently most were washed away.
I am looking for any drawings and/or prints, dealing with rigging, plumbing, and engine room configuration  (She was originally outfitted with a Westerbeke 4-91) but I'll probably retrofite.

If someone out there might be able to direct me to a sorce for these, I would help me keep the classic from ending up like so many others after the storm.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Ron Williams
Running on Empty
Tiki Island TX.

Don't want to discourage you but, I hope you know what you are getting in to.

Besides the significant labor, mast plus rigging plus sails plus engine will be a sizable investment.

That being said, I agree, it is a sweet boat. I've sailed on one and it is a good all arounder.
I don't really have any better drawings than the ones you see here.
I would go to the Charlie Morgan web site.
http://www.charleymorgan.com
There used to a site specific to the Morgan 34 but it now appears dead.
It is there that, I would think, you could find out how to get some original detailed plans, and possibly other useful advice.
Best of luck, and let me know how it goes.

Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT (USA)
sailboatdata.com
ronedwill
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: '67 M34 #44

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:36:39 pm »

Thanks, I been to the Morgan site and your right, it's seems to be dead. The newest post I could find was 2007. I'm hoping that a genorous ower somewhere might have some data that can help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length