Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 08, 2016, 10:47:10 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  1972 Pearson 390
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1972 Pearson 390  (Read 2701 times)
meridian39
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Pearson 390

« on: June 13, 2010, 06:52:36 am »

We have owned a Pearson 390 (Meridian) for 20 years. The data sheet on sailboatdata.com for the Pearson 390 indicates that there were 30 built.  We own hull number 39.  When we were delivering Meridian 20 years ago, we ran into an elderly 390 owner who indicated that there were only 39 built and have found other information over the years that indicated 'about 40' were built.
We had a full-size set of line drawings (blueprints) for the Pearson 390, which have been misplaced over the years. If anyone has a set that they would be willing to sell, we would be interested.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 10:53:40 am »

We have owned a Pearson 390 (Meridian) for 20 years. The data sheet on sailboatdata.com for the Pearson 390 indicates that there were 30 built.  We own hull number 39.  When we were delivering Meridian 20 years ago, we ran into an elderly 390 owner who indicated that there were only 39 built and have found other information over the years that indicated 'about 40' were built.
We had a full-size set of line drawings (blueprints) for the Pearson 390, which have been misplaced over the years. If anyone has a set that they would be willing to sell, we would be interested.
Nice looking boat and photo. Not sure how I came by the number built, so I might as well go with the number you provided.
Unfortunately, I don't know where you would find full sized plans for this or any other Pearsons of the era. You would think that a Bill Shaw archive exists somewhere. I have heard from a number of Pearson owners looking for plans.  But, so far, I haven't really come across anything helpful.

If you happen to find a lead on something like this, please let us know.
Regards,
Randy Browninig
Norwalk, CT
sailboatdata.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length