Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2016, 08:00:19 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  Bilges on Feeling 286
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bilges on Feeling 286  (Read 2666 times)
Womble
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Feeling 286

« on: June 14, 2010, 03:36:59 am »

Having recently bought a 1989 Feeling 286 I am trying to work out the bilge configuration
I seem too be getting water ingress and am trying to check the source.
There appear to be five levels- lowest -immediately under the engine; second under aft of gear box (which partilally but not completely drains around the ??? exhaust steel box into third under the prop area which is higher then the bilge under the engine (but does not drain into under the engine)fourth an area around the water inlet sea cock and just under the floorboards( which drains nowhere) and 5 immediately under the sink and floorboards a small area which holds water circa 1/2 inch but does not drain to the lower bilges
Is there a plan I could follow or any ideas
I have checked all areas around seacocks(cleaned and checked dryness)anode bolts entry points.
The water egress seams to occur not when left on swing mooring but after a sail about a pint+ and ocuurs in the bilge aftof gearbox and under the sink pocket
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 02:42:00 pm »

Having recently bought a 1989 Feeling 286 I am trying to work out the bilge configuration
I seem too be getting water ingress and am trying to check the source.
There appear to be five levels- lowest -immediately under the engine; second under aft of gear box (which partilally but not completely drains around the ??? exhaust steel box into third under the prop area which is higher then the bilge under the engine (but does not drain into under the engine)fourth an area around the water inlet sea cock and just under the floorboards( which drains nowhere) and 5 immediately under the sink and floorboards a small area which holds water circa 1/2 inch but does not drain to the lower bilges
Is there a plan I could follow or any ideas
I have checked all areas around seacocks(cleaned and checked dryness)anode bolts entry points.
The water egress seams to occur not when left on swing mooring but after a sail about a pint+ and ocuurs in the bilge aftof gearbox and under the sink pocket

Having a tough time visualizing this.  I'm probably not the type of person that could help anyway.
The best site I've seen for this kind of thing is plasticclassics.com. More oriented towards general sailboat repair/refurbishment etc.  A lot of very experienced and enthusiastic people.  I suggest you try checking in there. You might want to introduce yourself first, may with a picture of boat, etc. before discussing your particular problem.

Best of luck
Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
Womble
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Feeling 286

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 01:40:44 am »

Did you mean plasticclasics.com or something similar as I could not find /see the connection on this site to above
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 08:17:15 am »

www.plasticclassicforum.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length