Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2016, 05:14:41 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  AMF TRI HULL SAIL BOAT 8 FT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AMF TRI HULL SAIL BOAT 8 FT  (Read 6243 times)
bob
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: AMF TRI HULL 8FT

« on: July 26, 2010, 01:48:49 pm »

Hi .....I have what i think is a tri hull AMF sailboat its aprox 8 ft long. I  was wondering if any one knows about them and if so where can i get my parts. it doesnt have a sail or mast. Its become a glorified swim platform   
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 05:35:27 pm »

Hi .....I have what i think is a tri hull AMF sailboat its aprox 8 ft long. I  was wondering if any one knows about them and if so where can i get my parts. it doesnt have a sail or mast. Its become a glorified swim platform   

So. is there some kind of manufacturers stamp that says it was from AMF?
More information is needed. Do you have some photos?

Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
bob
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 04:54:29 am »

I dont have any pictures but i will get some this weekend. It has a sticker on both rear pontoons that says amf. Its basically 3 fibreglass pontoons with the middle one set further ahead and theres a mesh canopy holding it all together. I have the rudder but nothing else.
bob
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 01:48:00 pm »

I dont have any pictures but i will get some this weekend. It has a sticker on both rear pontoons that says amf. Its basically 3 fibreglass pontoons with the middle one set further ahead and theres a mesh canopy holding it all together. I have the rudder but nothing else.
bob
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 01:57:51 pm »

I now have some pictures but i dont know how to post them. I was totally wrong it says UFO on both rear pontoons not amf .Its 13' long and 5' wide.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 02:09:22 pm »

I now have some pictures but i dont know how to post them. I was totally wrong it says UFO on both rear pontoons not amf .Its 13' long and 5' wide.
select 'additional options...' and you should be able to upload. Look forward to seeing what you have. If you have any more problems with this, let me know.

rb
bob
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 02:19:39 pm »

let me know if this works
bob
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 02:29:31 pm »

heres another shot
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 07:09:52 am »

Here's what the sail looks like:
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 07:32:53 am »

Here's for sale in Canada:
http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-sailboats-Trimaran-Sailboat-W0QQAdIdZ218431477
Are you sure there is no manufacturers information on it anywhere?

Remotely possible that someone still makes these things. The rudder looks very much like the one on the Laser.

rb
bob
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 02:51:04 pm »

Wow i'm impressed......I emailed the seller of the one you came across and i'm waiting for a response. There is a sticker on the left side of the frt pontoon and it says .....INTERNATIONAL below that it says TECHIC VOILES in big letters it  has I T V accross the sticker and at the bottom it says 74000 ANNECEY but i thought this sticker was just an after market sticker that someone pasted on it. Can you tell me how tall the mast would be on a 13 foot boat like this? 
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 04:51:43 pm »

Wow i'm impressed......I emailed the seller of the one you came across and i'm waiting for a response. There is a sticker on the left side of the frt pontoon and it says .....INTERNATIONAL below that it says TECHIC VOILES in big letters it  has I T V accross the sticker and at the bottom it says 74000 ANNECEY but i thought this sticker was just an after market sticker that someone pasted on it. Can you tell me how tall the mast would be on a 13 foot boat like this?
Techic Voiles is a French sailmaker I believe. This thing seems like it is from France. (not just French Canadian) If I were you , and had interest in actually trying the sail this thing ina way that it was intended, I'd buy the entire assembly form this guy in Canada, and then you 'd have spare parts for life.  Very unlikely you will be able to buy a new rig/sails etc.  for anywhere near what this guy is charging for the whole boat. 
bob
Pick-up Crew

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 08:05:49 am »

Thanks so much for your help! I tried to buy that boat off kijiji but never got a response but the pictures gave me some ideas on how to rig my own boat. When i get it in the water i will post a picture......Thanks again
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length