Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2016, 07:02:24 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  Looking for info on how to remove Rudder from a Mirage 27
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for info on how to remove Rudder from a Mirage 27  (Read 2736 times)
johnhp
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Mirage 27

« on: August 23, 2010, 02:33:31 pm »

Need to remove the rudder on a Mirage 27 due to fiber glass DE-lamination. Boat is currently in the water but will go onto a cradle in late October. I am trying to determine how much extra height needed under the cradle in order to be able  to withdraw the rudder.
If any one has diagrams or the like it would be appreciated.
Thanks
Barney Post
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 11:35:44 am »

Need to remove the rudder on a Mirage 27 due to fiber glass DE-lamination. Boat is currently in the water but will go onto a cradle in late October. I am trying to determine how much extra height needed under the cradle in order to be able  to withdraw the rudder.
If any one has diagrams or the like it would be appreciated.
Thanks

Can't you remove it while it's in the slings?  Otherwise you may just need to dig a hole in the ground if the shaft is too long to clear keel level. You may well have thought of all this, but just I'd throw it out there.

bp
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jout Caprice, Vaurien

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 12:00:32 pm »

Looks like you just have a pole running down through from about the waterline up to the deck. Same system as on my boat - the length of the pole would therefore be equal to the the height of your boat at that point.

You may be able to remove the rudder and lift the pole UP too, so I'd look at that as a possibility...

I'd rather be sailing
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length