Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 08, 2016, 10:47:27 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  I need info for a Severn 20
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need info for a Severn 20  (Read 2629 times)
wenpyle
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Severn 20

« on: August 28, 2010, 07:53:27 am »

I just aquired  a Severn 20 (according to the title) and the only information I can find is the picture and one page of line drawings on this site...This boat is gonna take some work to get seaworthy so any help I can get would be great.If anyone can help me find more info I would appreciate it
Barney Post
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 01:15:58 pm »

Origins of this pariticular boat may not be all that important if you just want to get it saiilng. You say it needs 'a lot of work'. Could you be a little more specific? And some photo's my help if you have any.

BP
wenpyle
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Severn 20

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 02:20:42 pm »

This boat has been sitting out on its trailer  for about 7 years the deck appears sound and I haven't found any problems with the hull but while the mast is there about the only thing It does have is the hull , mast and trailer...  even the rudder is missing  but i got it  next to free  and I like projects . I  can probably figure out a lot of  what I  need  but  pictures and  diagrams  will make  it  a 6-9 month project instead  od  1 year or 2.
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jout Caprice, Vaurien

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 02:24:38 pm »

The first place I would look would be to get in contact with other Severn 20 owners. This guy has one: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/43138-liability-damage-during-storm.html

They will be able to tell you the kinds of nuts-and-bolts info you need, and if you ask nicely you might even get special measurements and hints :)

I'd rather be sailing
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 01:05:03 pm »

This boat has been sitting out on its trailer  for about 7 years the deck appears sound and I haven't found any problems with the hull but while the mast is there about the only thing It does have is the hull , mast and trailer...  even the rudder is missing  but i got it  next to free  and I like projects . I  can probably figure out a lot of  what I  need  but  pictures and  diagrams  will make  it  a 6-9 month project instead  od  1 year or 2.
If you have the original spars and centerboard, you have most of the stuff that would be expensive to replace. You should be able to do your own rigging. Making a new rudder might be a challenge on this boat since you'll have to come up with a new shaft etc. It's little confusing in the drawing I'm looking at.  It almost looks like it's supposed to fold up somehow. It might be helpful to study one on an existing boat if you can find one.  No idea how many of these are still around.
Not a lot of help I'm afraid. I would be very interested in hearing about your progress.  Best of luck with it.

rb   
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length