Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2016, 03:11:05 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Sailing podcasts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sailing podcasts  (Read 2371 times)
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: JouŰt Caprice, Vaurien

« on: September 01, 2010, 01:12:45 pm »

I somehow can't manage to be sailing 100% of the time. Lord knows I try :(

So when I can't I take pleasure in listening to the stories of those that are, and try to learn a thing or two in the process.
I would like to share with you some podcasts that are worth subscribing to:

Furled sails. These guys are number 1 in my book. Excellent interviews of boat builders, sailors, authors etc. I don't care who you are, you will learn something in each episode. They have a website to: http://www.furledsails.com/

Gybe Talkin. A bit too much into the whole personality/celebrity/professional thing for my taste (I don't care about the multi-million dollar carbon fiber and kevlar high-tech sailing spaceship, I just want to sail), but if you are into the whole racing scene, there are some interviews of big names.

SailingNews TV. A very nice video podcast (in French). Second in my book to Furled sails. Si vous parlez franšais, je dirais que c'est un must.

There are others, such as the Sailing Forums, US sailing video podcast, MAxing out sailing podcast, Sailing Magazine, etc. but the three up there seem to be the ones I keep listening to on my iPod. Furled sails, though, is an absolute must.

On your way to work, why not listen to the stories of Roger Taylor (author of "Voyages of a Simple Sailor") talking about his northern voyage and a great story about an encounter with a whale (FurledSails.com Podcast #149 Simple Sailor 2), or about .....

I'd rather be sailing
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 08:56:18 am »

I somehow can't manage to be sailing 100% of the time. Lord knows I try :(

So when I can't I take pleasure in listening to the stories of those that are, and try to learn a thing or two in the process.
I would like to share with you some podcasts that are worth subscribing to:

Furled sails. These guys are number 1 in my book. Excellent interviews of boat builders, sailors, authors etc. I don't care who you are, you will learn something in each episode. They have a website to: http://www.furledsails.com/

Gybe Talkin. A bit too much into the whole personality/celebrity/professional thing for my taste (I don't care about the multi-million dollar carbon fiber and kevlar high-tech sailing spaceship, I just want to sail), but if you are into the whole racing scene, there are some interviews of big names.

SailingNews TV. A very nice video podcast (in French). Second in my book to Furled sails. Si vous parlez franšais, je dirais que c'est un must.

There are others, such as the Sailing Forums, US sailing video podcast, MAxing out sailing podcast, Sailing Magazine, etc. but the three up there seem to be the ones I keep listening to on my iPod. Furled sails, though, is an absolute must.

On your way to work, why not listen to the stories of Roger Taylor (author of "Voyages of a Simple Sailor") talking about his northern voyage and a great story about an encounter with a whale (FurledSails.com Podcast #149 Simple Sailor 2), or about .....

Thanks mon!  Let me check it out. i'm a little out of touch with TP-52/Med Cup scene myself.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length