Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2016, 03:25:54 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  Europa TS240 or Delphia 22
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Europa TS240 or Delphia 22  (Read 3455 times)
imfromclare
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Delphia 22 or EuropatS240

« on: September 05, 2010, 02:53:56 pm »

I am considering buying a Delphia 22 ( same as the Europa TS240) trailer sailer, I intend sailing her on as lake but also intend to cruize her on the west coast of Ireland and possible round Ireland. I have limited information of the sailing ability of the boat and would appreciate if I could get some information directly from owners as to the boats abilities. :-\
gt
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Delphia

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 09:22:12 am »

Hello,

The D22 is a good hardy little boat but is RCD Category C and as such is rated inshore and for up to F6 and 2m swell.

So it is ideal for lakes and estuaries although I have sailed one from DL to Kilmore Quay.  While not slow she no sprinter either and on the longer legs with a F6 on the nose it can be rough enough.  Although the lifting keel allowed a visit into Wexford town which is a no no for a lot of boats.  Being a trailer sailer we did this trip one way as we left trailer and jeep with a buddy and told him we would give him a shout when and where we needed a tow out.... this is very very handy as you don't have to worry about a boring return leg.

Full standing headroom and the separate heads are great in harbour as there is nothing worse than a cramped interior.

Regards,

GT
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 02:48:28 pm »

Hello,

The D22 is a good hardy little boat but is RCD Category C and as such is rated inshore and for up to F6 and 2m swell.

So it is ideal for lakes and estuaries although I have sailed one from DL to Kilmore Quay.  While not slow she no sprinter either and on the longer legs with a F6 on the nose it can be rough enough.  Although the lifting keel allowed a visit into Wexford town which is a no no for a lot of boats.  Being a trailer sailer we did this trip one way as we left trailer and jeep with a buddy and told him we would give him a shout when and where we needed a tow out.... this is very very handy as you don't have to worry about a boring return leg.

Full standing headroom and the separate heads are great in harbour as there is nothing worse than a cramped interior.

Regards,

GT
Your description was so good, I've finally decided I need to create an 'owner review' section. Just because this kind of thing can be so useful.

rb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length