Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2016, 09:02:05 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  What is it? (Mystery Sailboat model)
| | |-+  Horizon 26
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Horizon 26  (Read 3363 times)
Karluk
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Horizon Yacht & Marine 26

« on: September 06, 2010, 05:52:36 pm »

I am considering the purchase of a Horizon 26. I finally found the manufacturer - Horizon Yacht and Marine from Clearwater Florida. They are out of business. The MIC was HXY (now being used by Holby Marine in Rhode Island). The vessel was manufactured in 1986, shoal keel, fractional rig. Does anyone know anything about these boats? This is the only one I have seen for sale and there is virtually no information available. Any help will be greatly appreciated. The vessel is named Tuppence and is located in Valdez, Alaska. I found a 2-page brochure that a broker in Florida has posted online at:

http://floridaboats.net/archive/horizon%20slide%20show/slides/26%20horizon%20665.html

sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:38:55 am »

I am considering the purchase of a Horizon 26. I finally found the manufacturer - Horizon Yacht and Marine from Clearwater Florida. They are out of business. The MIC was HXY (now being used by Holby Marine in Rhode Island). The vessel was manufactured in 1986, shoal keel, fractional rig. Does anyone know anything about these boats? This is the only one I have seen for sale and there is virtually no information available. Any help will be greatly appreciated. The vessel is named Tuppence and is located in Valdez, Alaska. I found a 2-page brochure that a broker in Florida has posted online at:

http://floridaboats.net/archive/horizon%20slide%20show/slides/26%20horizon%20665.html

Thanks for enclosing these sheets.
I don't know anything about this particular builder, but the boat is almost certainly the same as the COLUMBIA 26T, designed by Alan Payne.
There were a number of 'splashed' copies of this design from other builders like Bayliner etc.
But the drawing that you have supplied looks almost identical to the Columbia version.  So it's possible that they aquired the original molds.  This would make some sense since one of the founders of Columbia Yachts was building boats under the Endeavour/Gulfstar brand in FL at the time.   
I would be most grateful if you allowed me to use parts of these drawing for my Horizon 26 record.

Regards,
Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT
sailboatdata.com
Karluk
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Horizon Yacht & Marine 26

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 11:26:03 am »

By all means. I am sure the brochure is public information. Thanks for the info regarding the Columbia 26T. That way I can find some performance data.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length