Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 08, 2016, 10:47:19 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  Sea Hawk 55'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sea Hawk 55'  (Read 1972 times)
gomerjim
Pick-up Crew

« on: November 03, 2010, 05:30:46 am »

Does anyone know the where a bouts of this custom sailboat? It was built by Carlaw Custom Boats in Toronto Ontario at the corner of Carlaw and Gerrard St. East. this started out as a standard design with a few extra's. if my memory serves me think it was suppose to be less then $200,000.00. but during the construction the owner made many changes. first was the standard square cockpit that got changed to the stern being rounded for more comfort sitting. we also built a deck mold that i do not believe ever got used again to my knowledge. then the owner ordered the deck to have a teak deck laid on it. not just the deck but the whole cockpit area also. the interior that was going to be like all others gel-coated fiberglass. got changed to solid walnut. this got laid over the fiberglass interior (bulkheads, walls, etc). the walnut was varnished and polished. one of the finishing touch's to the vessel was in the galley, the upper cabinets had etched glass framed in walnut. the doors had lights installed right into the glass so when you opened the doors it would light up the etching on the glass. i never did hear the final price of this sail boat that took about 3 years to complete, but did hear it went into the millions. also remember at commissioning there was a magazine that did an article on this vessel. it was moored in Ontario Place for a season or two then i heard it had gone to lake Simcoe.
does anyone have info on this custom yacht that only built one of.
gomerjim
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length