Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2016, 01:28:28 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  wood boat builders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wood boat builders  (Read 2232 times)
neal zoromski
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: sufflok skipper

« on: November 14, 2010, 11:13:45 pm »

I was looking for a wood boat builder in the washington dc maryland virgina area, I was given a half compleated sail boat with a set of plans , some of wich I can read, most I can not.  I would like to hire someone who could look at what I have, ( all the remaing parts are there) and give me some pointers on how it goes together, I am a carpenter contractor by trade so I have wood working knowledge, and all the tools I may need to compleat the project, but have no experiance with boats. It is an 18 ft. plywood kit boat called the suffolk skipper the person who gave it to me bought it in 1965, he is now passed away but did manage to finish all but the interior, and the mast any ideas would be of great service.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 12:51:03 pm »

I was looking for a wood boat builder in the washington dc maryland virgina area, I was given a half compleated sail boat with a set of plans , some of wich I can read, most I can not.  I would like to hire someone who could look at what I have, ( all the remaing parts are there) and give me some pointers on how it goes together, I am a carpenter contractor by trade so I have wood working knowledge, and all the tools I may need to compleat the project, but have no experiance with boats. It is an 18 ft. plywood kit boat called the suffolk skipper the person who gave it to me bought it in 1965, he is now passed away but did manage to finish all but the interior, and the mast any ideas would be of great service.
You might get a better response, by providing some photos.  The more that better.  Just makes it so much easier to understand the real nature of such a project.
No info on a  'Suffolk Skipper' or I would have gotten back to you before.

Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length