Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2016, 03:27:59 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Sailboats of France (old & new)
| | |-+  Jidzo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jidzo  (Read 11582 times)
jidzo
Regular

Boat Type: Jidzo

« on: November 15, 2010, 04:59:18 am »

I am looking for info on this boat model.. built by CMSO in france.. thanks for any help.. Jim
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:14:46 am by sonosail » Logged
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 12:34:03 pm »

I am looking for info on this boat model.. built by CMSO in france.. thanks for any help.. Jim
I saw your previous post. I really don't know more than what you see here already.
This link: http://navigateur.info/samourai/jidzo.html is about the best I have found, in case you haven't seen it already. 
If my knowledge of the French language was better, I probably would have found more.

Regards,
Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
jidzo
Regular

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 03:40:32 am »

Hi sorry for the late response...!

I have found several sites that have info on them, but nothing specific. I have decided to build a site myself at .

http://www.jidzo.com/

At present it is still under construction, any information or pictures, links etc infact even the story of your boat would be more than welcome, infact anything related....send them to

jim@jidzo.com

I then would post them on the site with aknowledgements etc..

I hope this is not breaking any regulations here !

regards jim
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jout Caprice, Vaurien

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 03:35:09 am »

Hi Jim,

There is quite a lot of info on this boat in French, not sure how Google translate will render it in English, But if you get stuck on somtehing and you need help looking for a particular piece of information, please feel free to drop me a PM :)

One site that is a nice portal to other Jidzo sites is http://www.avironmarseillanais.com/Jidzo1.html as they have photos of the rigging, others for sale, other references on the boat, and a list of owners with their contact info: http://www.avironmarseillanais.com/Asprojidzo1.html

At any rate, you'll want to definately contact the association "L'Aviron  Marseillanais".

Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 03:56:22 am by Cormorant » Logged

I'd rather be sailing
jidzo
Regular

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 04:21:25 am »

Hi..sorry for delay in replying..I have seen the Marsaeille site ..I have added its link to my web page..I would ask anyone here who has any info in the boats to contact me via here or my email on my site..

www.jidzo.com  its s simple site and I hope for more info from readers..

thanks for your interest..jim
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 11:48:43 am »

Hi..sorry for delay in replying..I have seen the Marsaeille site ..I have added its link to my web page..I would ask anyone here who has any info in the boats to contact me via here or my email on my site..

www.jidzo.com  its s simple site and I hope for more info from readers..

thanks for your interest..jim

OK.  I'll add your site, if I haven't already. Have to check. Let me know if you come up with a decent Jidzo drawing.
rb
jidzo
Regular

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 04:35:21 am »

I have not found a drawing yet but have several good fotographs if required.. I sailed her last week singlehanded the 30 miles from Flensburg in Germany across to Denmark and then back to Schleswig , all without problems she is easy to sail, likes to hug the wind when going uphill but I am pleased with her. Her weight at well over 1200 kilos cruising weight means she is not a racer but I managed on a broadreach 6,5 knots !! I was more than impressed.. unfortunalty the average is a lot lower.. If anyone want smor einfo please feel free to write .. jim@jidzo.com
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 08:14:24 am »

Find a drawing of this boat or, to quote Mr. Trump, 'yer fired'.  Just kidding.
Sounds like you have a keeper.
Glad she seems to have exceeded your expectations.  Fair winds and best of luck with her.
Hope your site works out well also. Will check to be sure I have a link here.

rb
sailboatdata.com

I have not found a drawing yet but have several good fotographs if required.. I sailed her last week singlehanded the 30 miles from Flensburg in Germany across to Denmark and then back to Schleswig , all without problems she is easy to sail, likes to hug the wind when going uphill but I am pleased with her. Her weight at well over 1200 kilos cruising weight means she is not a racer but I managed on a broadreach 6,5 knots !! I was more than impressed.. unfortunalty the average is a lot lower.. If anyone want smor einfo please feel free to write .. jim@jidzo.com
Cormorant
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Jout Caprice, Vaurien

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 10:13:49 am »

If someone was really motivated you could take this little drawing of the Jidzo I found, print it out, and trace over it to serve as the basis of a new drawing...

I'd rather be sailing
jidzo
Regular

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 04:49:11 am »

thanks  for the pic .. I have been busy sailing ! lol I recently (this week due to poor weather) took the time to start a blog .. http://jidzo.blogspot.com/ so if anyone is interested please feel free to look me up there...

As for Toy Box she sails well and is inside as dry as a bone. I am pleased with the little boat. I have now had her out in some rough weather (BF 5 -6 ) and she handles it well, although the waves where I am sailing are not as large as the open baltic. i think a BF4 would be her limit then..

So off sailing tmrw as weather forcasts are good till sunday..

hope to see loads of clicks on the blog .. jim
Adelie
Member Emeritus

Boat Type: Dread Pirate ship RADIO FLYER

Ahrrrrrr!!!!

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 08:43:28 pm »

Here's the cleaned up line drawing.

A house is but a boat so poorly built and so firmly run aground that no one would think to try and refloat it.
jidzo
Regular

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 08:07:33 am »

Hi.. I seem to have missed this posting.. sorry is the only excuse I have.. I will ad the pic to mz site if that is ok with you ..

many thanks Jim
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 01:20:57 pm »

Here's the cleaned up line drawing.

Thanks.

rb
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 01:29:01 pm »

Hi.. I seem to have missed this posting.. sorry is the only excuse I have.. I will ad the pic to mz site if that is ok with you ..

many thanks Jim
Nothing to sorry about Jim. Add whatever you like. Adelie made a valiant effort (from Comerants pic). But I have yet to see a really good drawing of the Jidzo. I wondering if we can find an original brochure somewhere? Or maybe you already actually something we haven't seen. 

Regards,
Randy Browning
jidzo
Regular

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 01:41:23 pm »

Update... I have over the winter been ib contacht with Jean daze who wrote (in french) a book on his trips with a jidzo...
Still no drawing and still no other info from CSNO .. I had hoped to get a copy of the original papers at least in copy form.

Here a foto after her launch last year
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length