Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2016, 02:59:12 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  New Information, Corrections, Omissions etc.
| | |-+  Globe 38, 41, 46
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Globe 38, 41, 46  (Read 5844 times)
woof2k
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: 38' Globe Ktch

« on: March 11, 2011, 01:22:51 am »

The Globe sailboats were built 1979 to 1983.  I have found record of two 1979 Globes being bult by Song-Fa Lu Boatbuilder in Taiwan.  I have been aboard one of these.  In the 1980's the Globe was built by The Taiwan Globe Boatbuilding.  The 38 ft Cutter and Cutter Ketch are Bill Garden's "Seal" design and were modified for Globe by Bill Garden to include a pilothouse.  The "seal" plans (without pilot house) are included in the Mystic Archives of Bill Garden's work.  I have a copy of one of the modified drawing from Bill Garden for the Globe.  I liveaboard a 1983 38 ' Globe Cutter Ketch on Puget Sound and know of 2  other Globe 38's on Puget Sound.  I also know of a 41' Globe on Puget Sound, but I do not know if it is a Garden design. 
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 04:52:38 pm »

Thanks very much for providing this information.  I do know the 'Seal' design, which I have yet to include here. (soon to be rectified)  It's shown in a Garden book I have, 'Yacht Designs'. The Globe series is new to me and whatever other information you have, (besides that which you have already kindly provided) would be most appreciated. After a quick search I did see a 38 for sale.

Regards,
Randy Browning
Norwalk, CT USA
sailboatdata.com

The Globe sailboats were built 1979 to 1983.  I have found record of two 1979 Globes being bult by Song-Fa Lu Boatbuilder in Taiwan.  I have been aboard one of these.  In the 1980's the Globe was built by The Taiwan Globe Boatbuilding.  The 38 ft Cutter and Cutter Ketch are Bill Garden's "Seal" design and were modified for Globe by Bill Garden to include a pilothouse.  The "seal" plans (without pilot house) are included in the Mystic Archives of Bill Garden's work.  I have a copy of one of the modified drawing from Bill Garden for the Globe.  I liveaboard a 1983 38 ' Globe Cutter Ketch on Puget Sound and know of 2  other Globe 38's on Puget Sound.  I also know of a 41' Globe on Puget Sound, but I do not know if it is a Garden design.
nutmeg
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: 41 globe ketch ( garden- perry design )

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 07:29:09 pm »

the globe 41 ketchs were a total new perry/garden  design  abount 12 boats were built the last  built in 1981  i know of two arround the seattle area 
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 01:03:18 pm »

I would really like to add any or all of the 'Globe' models to the database. But unfortunately, besides the fact that I know that they exist, I don't have any real information on any of them, even some  basic dimensions that I can start with.
Just the same, thanks for pointing out that these are yet some other boats that I need to looked into.

Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
Visionary
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Globe 41

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 05:59:32 pm »

There is a Globe 41 on the East Coast in Rhode Island.  I own her.  I got the original design plans from Perry some years ago and in the process he mentioned he thought Garden had participated in the final topsides design for the builder.  Many years of restoration finds her in very good shape - but mostly original 1981 condition with only modest upgrades.   
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:08:44 pm by Visionary » Logged
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 08:50:20 am »

Thanks 'visionary'. Nice looking boat.
Found some basic specs on the 41 which is a start. I  also took the liberty of using one of your pictures which, I hope, is OK.
Here's what we have so far: http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=7395

Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
bletso
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Globe

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 03:31:46 am »

I just stumbled on to this thread.  I own a 1979 Globe 38, Cutter - Ketch rigged.  Other than manufactured in Taiwan, I haven't any other data.  Manufactured at Yang Mai Tooyung. At present "Vigah" is on the hard undergoing a refit following a long period of absolute neglect.  (Unfortunately at my hands)

We purchased her in Panama City, FL and the original owner was home-ported out of Glouchester
CaptAndrea
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Willian Garden Seal/Gold Island cutter

SVPUFF@aol.com to Contact us.

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 10:48:38 pm »

We have a 38 as well, but she was not built by Globe. She was built by Gold Island in Taiwan in 1981. She was a custom order from a man in Ohio, built off the William Garden SEAL design just as the Globe 38.
We have a few years of restoration to do on her as she was severely neglected. 
I would love to hear from other owners of the SEAL design all together, wood ones, Glass ones, Built by Globe etc.
We dont know how many were made in glass that were not done by Globe as the Globe 38.
Its odd , as they would have had the molds in 81 when our PUFF was made . So I would love to know how Gold Island built her and if they ever did any others.
Im very interested in seeing photos and exchanging info on the design with other owners.
You can email me at SVPUFF@aol.com
Thank you. Capt. Andi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length