Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2016, 03:04:17 pm
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Super Satellite #1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super Satellite #1  (Read 2134 times)
jaydarwin
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Super Satellite

« on: March 22, 2011, 11:10:22 am »

My girlfriend's brother has been storing his Super Satellite #1 under a tarp in her backyard. He has recently passed away and she wants to sell the boat. We don't know what it is worth. Nor do we know if the fact of the number 1 on the sail makes it more valuable.

She has the title.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
-Jay
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 10:23:09 am »

My girlfriend's brother has been storing his Super Satellite #1 under a tarp in her backyard. He has recently passed away and she wants to sell the boat. We don't know what it is worth. Nor do we know if the fact of the number 1 on the sail makes it more valuable.

She has the title.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
-Jay
Off hand, I'd say that, even if it was the first one built, you wouldn't get any more money for it. The most important thing would be if it's in good condition and ready for someone to sail. Even then, you may have trouble finding a buyer, but you never know.  It's a pretty depressed market for used boats in general these days, especially for one, this old, that is no longer raced as a class. I'd look around on places like craigs list, or Ebay and see what people are getting for similar boats.
If you do try to sell it, my best advice would be to clean it up as best you can, and get some pictures of it to put in your ad.

Best of luck
Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length