Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2016, 01:40:25 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  Information Wanted
| | |-+  Catalina 27 thru the hull transducer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Catalina 27 thru the hull transducer  (Read 2396 times)
lopufigari
Pick-up Crew

Boat Type: Catalina 27

« on: April 06, 2011, 11:58:56 am »

I'm needing to replace the depth sounder in my Catalina 27.  I'm contemplating removing  the existing thru hull and replacing with another or leaving the existing thru hull in place and going with a new "thru the hull" transducer. Does anyone know if the Catalina 27 hull is compatible with a "thru the hull" transducer? Thanks.
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:00:31 pm »

I'm needing to replace the depth sounder in my Catalina 27.  I'm contemplating removing  the existing thru hull and replacing with another or leaving the existing thru hull in place and going with a new "thru the hull" transducer. Does anyone know if the Catalina 27 hull is compatible with a "thru the hull" transducer? Thanks.
You may not have to drill another hole. If the hull is solid fiberglass, which I think it is on this particular boat, you could just create a little resevoir filled with a liquid, and mount your transducer through that.
For specifics you might try some place like cruisersforum.com, or plasticclassics.com.

Regards,
Randy Browning
sailboatdata.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length