Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2016, 11:41:36 am
Home Help Search Login CONTACT Register
News: http://sailboatdata.com/bbs/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;board=11.0;limit=20

+  SailboatData.com - Forum
|-+  Main
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Trintella 29
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trintella 29  (Read 2107 times)
davidc
Regular

Boat Type: trintella 29

« on: April 19, 2011, 08:54:02 am »

Have just bought a 1968 Trintella 29 and am about to take it from New Ross in Ireland to Baltimore (West Cork).
I notice that there is an unusual method for securing (read tensioning) the genoa to the furler. This allows for the genoa halyard to rotate with the sail and has no upper bearing/swivel.
Is this normal?
I should also mention that the genoa halyard is stainless steel about 4.5mm

Regards

David C- Ireland
sonosail
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 08:47:27 am »

Have just bought a 1968 Trintella 29 and am about to take it from New Ross in Ireland to Baltimore (West Cork).
I notice that there is an unusual method for securing (read tensioning) the genoa to the furler. This allows for the genoa halyard to rotate with the sail and has no upper bearing/swivel.
Is this normal?
I should also mention that the genoa halyard is stainless steel about 4.5mm

Regards

David C- Ireland
There are some furler models that do without the swivels by having a completely separated halyard this is fastened at the tack. So it does roll up with the sail. You wouldn't use your normal jib halyard at all.  You'll need to find the manufacturer and model and take it from there.
There are a lot of different models so it would be impossible for to me know.

rb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Login with username, password and session length